Trusted Contributor

I could get into holiday gift programming.  It's always nice to think of that time of year already, but I was on overload when QVC had so much of it over the summer.   It wasn't just Christmas in July on 7/25, but it was a month of holiday programming in July.   It was too much too soon.

Now, it will be holiday/Christmas shopping 24/7.  It turns me off since they had so much over the summer. 

I know this is now the height of their sales for Christmas, but it's overload for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Gift Programming

@Black Cat Back 

Every show and item from June until 12/24 will be a gift show

No sense watching because the over the top hype and the endless hours of food I've lost my interest.

I flick over to check if it's something I'd be interested in so far my purchases for Christmas from Q = 0!

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Black Cat Back 

Every show and item from June until 12/24 will be a gift show

No sense watching because the over the top hype and the endless hours of food I've lost my interest.

I flick over to check if it's something I'd be interested in so far my purchases for Christmas from Q = 0!

@homedecor1 

Agree 100%.   Hey maybe they'll give us a break and have a vacuum cleaner show on.  LOL

It's too much.   Between Bethlahem Lights and Mr. Christmas stuff, I'm just not there.

Honored Contributor

I would love to see holiday gift programming, if it were gifts such as clothing, etc.  I don't give gifts that are Christmas decor. To me, once the gift is opened on Christmas, or shortly before, it's almost time to put it away.  

Honored Contributor

I pay no attention what's to Christmas in July because I love Christmas and look forward to getting into the spirt of the season at the proper time.  If I Christmas shop in June or July whatever would I do in mid October and November?  Shop or Easter?  Also in the past, when I bought things during CIJ, I would put them away and then forget about them because we don't go into Christmas mode until after Thanksgiving.  At this stage of my life, I don't need any Christmas decorations but I watch the shows for decorating ideas and color stories.  I can do that in October buy not in July.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I would love to see holiday gift programming, if it were gifts such as clothing, etc.  I don't give gifts that are Christmas decor. To me, once the gift is opened on Christmas, or shortly before, it's almost time to put it away.  

Bingo!  I feel the same way.