Honored Contributor

Re: Guess my style is not as "rustic" as I thought..

@stevieb wrote:

I couldn't bear watching her for very long, but did check on line and would hardly call this a 'rustic' collection. Very slim pickings. More mercury glass and not much else. Disappointing.

@stevieb  "couture rustic' is new to me.  I like some of what I call rustic but nothing in that show interested me.  They did say some of it sold out so guess some people liked it. 

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I couldn't bear watching her for very long, but did check on line and would hardly call this a 'rustic' collection. Very slim pickings. More mercury glass and not much else. Disappointing.

@stevieb  "couture rustic' is new to me.  I like some of what I call rustic but nothing in that show interested me.  They did say some of it sold out so guess some people liked it. 

I'm still trying to figure out why she was calling it "couture."  To me, couture means:  A) something that is designed for a specific individual's size or needs, or B) something that is fresh, new, and "in the now."  Clearly these items were not tailored to a specific individual, and if the collection is supposed to be fresh and in the now, then "rustic" couture is an oxymoron. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Agree @lucymo, I like elements of a country, cabin, rustic look... but nothing here wowed me. I think the whole 'couture' thing has just become part of the QVC mantra... I think they think by throwing that in there we're somehow more willing to see it as desirable and pay higher prices than we have to...

Woman Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I did see what I consider some very nice rustic pieces at Marshalls---great prices too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

ha, @country gal thanks for the reminder about the show.  I have cut back on what I buy for the holidays -- I really have enough "stuff" but I enjoy watching the decor shows.

One of the few things I watch on QVC these days.  I'm just not into the various "gift shows" which are mostly just stuff QVC sells all year and are repacking for the holidays.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "furry" tree.  I have 2 cats - sometimes mine is furry, too.

@GinaV24  LOL Gina.....and let's talk about furry tree skirts......it's a wonder my two have any fur left on their bodies they shed so badly...Cat Very HappyCat LOLCat Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And what's up with the shipping @Spurt...  I was half way tempted by the white birch flameless candles until I saw they want five bucks to ship one... Come on, that thing can't weigh much. Seems like that should be one of those infamous three dollar shipping items... I read here where they upped the shipping ante on some of their jewelry items (you know, because they sells so well...) could it be the new shipping plan isn't working out as they'd hoped... ? Such a shame... I decided I'd let them keep their faux birch faux candles.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

And what's up with the shipping @Spurt...  I was half way tempted by the white birch flameless candles until I saw they want five bucks to ship one... Come on, that thing can't weigh much. Seems like that should be one of those infamous three dollar shipping items... I read here where they upped the shipping ante on some of their jewelry items (you know, because they sells so well...) could it be the new shipping plan isn't working out as they'd hoped... ? Such a shame... I decided I'd let them keep their faux birch faux candles.

@stevieb  I guess the Q makes their $$$$ on shipping rather on merchandise sales, no other way to explain it.....Another QVC sale LOST due to their shipping!!! .I'm getting all kinds of emails and catalogs in the mail with GREAT shipping deals---I guess these retailers want to SELL their merchandise!!!! 

STEVIE, try Marshalls, I know the stores are all a bit different but I saw some birch candles there....on their rustic themed Christmas tables....I hope you find them locally.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  I guess the Q makes their $$$$ on shipping rather on merchandise sales, no other way to explain it.....Another QVC sale LOST due to their shipping!!! .I'm getting all kinds of emails and catalogs in the mail with GREAT shipping deals---I guess these retailers want to SELL their merchandise!!!! 

STEVIE, try Marshalls, I know the stores are all a bit different but I saw some birch candles there....on their rustic themed Christmas tables....I hope you find them locally.....

Just IMAGINE, actually trying to sell merchandise @Spurt...  Such a concept... Actually, though they aren't identical, Steinmart has them, half the price too... World Market also has a reasonable facsimile and since these are purely for looks... as does Pottery Barn... as does Amazon... You know, the Q would be well served to remember they aren't the only game in town, just one of the more expensive ones.

But yes, I will look at Homegoods first. I hope to head up that way later anyway...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Just IMAGINE, actually trying to sell merchandise @Spurt...  Such a concept... Actually, though they aren't identical, Steinmart has them, half the price too... World Market also has a reasonable facsimile and since these are purely for looks... as does Pottery Barn... as does Amazon... You know, the Q would be well served to remember they aren't the only game in town, just one of the more expensive ones.

But yes, I will look at Homegoods first. I hope to head up that way later anyway...

@stevieb  zulily has birch pillar candle holders now, and for one more day, I believe, but I would check them out tonight to be sure.  I bought some.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  zulily has birch pillar candle holders now, and for one more day, I believe, but I would check them out tonight to be sure.  I bought some.

Thanks for the head's-up @mousiegirl...

Woman Wink