Honored Contributor

Getting there - Easter Decor

[ Edited ]

Took me awhile to get into the creative decorating mood.  Forsure, I'll tweak it & I went to Old Time Pottery today all Easter decor was 50% off.  Surprisingly, not 1 bunny "hopped" in my cart🤣

060FC598-E4A0-453B-968D-E19703F697B4.jpeg

1FE0E42B-7080-41EB-9AB9-B104A1381F3E.jpeg

7CE5A723-252C-4103-B354-89D225AAAC64.jpeg

C51BBB38-A759-440E-AAAC-97AB66B447A5.jpegE4CF4363-3FEA-4737-B319-0A224D8EAC8E.jpeg6CCA32C4-5F42-440D-B309-152D834E8764.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Getting there - Easter Decor

Gee, no non-essential stores are open here in Savannah, GA and non-essential travel around town is prohibited too.

Of course, you're in FL aren't you? Not surprised that FL allows it, I guess all areas are different.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Looking good @homedecor1

Also congratulations on your will power.
Respected Contributor

No Easter "fun" shopping as only essential stores are open here in PA as well. I will probably NOT decorate as originally I was hoping to travel, and now it just seems a bit too sad.

When my DH goes out only for essential grocery items, he wears a mask and gloves, and wipes down EVERYTHING before items come into the house.

I am keeping those who are suffering in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I was shocked too!!!  No there is no mandate here except restaurants take out only -- in fact more shocking my hairdresser called to remind me about my appt Tuesday!!!  Nail salons are open also.

I went to a different area today since there aren't any large food stores in my area (plus limited stuff in ours).

I saw OldTime Pottery, Target, WM, Hobby Lobby, Joanne and Michael's were open.  Of course all dollarstores too.  The big chain stores have been closed for weeks.

I think since the virus is now showing up here -- enjoy while it's open cuz I'm sure by next week some mandates will be in place.

Respected Contributor

All of your Easter decorations are so pretty. Can’t believe you didn’t bring home another bunny 🐰 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Each display is beautiful, and it's hard to pick a favorite. Number 2 with the pretty Easter eggs quickly stole my heart, so I nominate that one.😁 Thank you for posting these updated pics. I was wondering how you would make them all work, but you did a great job! 👍👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Only essential businesses open here too.  Decorating for anything is the last thing on my mind.  You really go all out and it looks very pretty.  Will you be entertaining?  @homedecor1 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper 

I was in the Philadelphia (Montgomery Township) for 2 weeks and I left a week before this virus broke out.

Yes, I will be sad to not come home for Easter but my family is in NJ/NY/PA and no way would I even consider it!  There are other times after it's "safe" to fly.

When I go out I am fully aware of all the precautions to take.   I only really go out for essentials on Friday -- although not much in the "essentials" area.   It's hit or miss.

I was surprised some stores were open.

Good thoughts you and spouse continue to stay healthy!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Tell ya the truth I wasn't in the mood once I knew my family and friends wouldn't be coming.  I totally enjoy decorating for seasons.  

We had our Community yard sale scheduled for tomorrow. I had already sorted thru what I was selling, etc. then of course everything cancelled.  

I decided what the heck, it's out might as well decorate!  Kept me busy for 3 days.

Right now I have a Easter brunch scheduled at my home but all this could change.  Not many here are self- isolating as yet but bet soon they will.  There are no mandates here.