Honored Contributor

GETTING READY FOR FALL

[ Edited ]

I usually like to have seasonal decor out for three months each season, so am beginning to get Fall decor assembled, right now it is florals/branches for arrangements, which is so much fun in the creating of them

Home Goods has great deals, but not a lot.  I actually found some stems there yesterday, three per bunch, that zulily sells for twice as much, and Michael's had a 40% off the last few days, also found a lot there that zulily sells for more.  Zulily also sells what I don't see elsewhere, so checking Michael's first is a good idea.

This year I have been drawn to deep red/burgundy and green, have always had the usual Fall colors gold, brown, orange, etc., so have accumulated sunflowers, hydrangeas, dahlias, mums, etc., flowers to arrange, so something different.  I went a bit nuts yesterday, what else is new, lol.

The other day, I made the bedroom arrangement in a very large vase for the long stemmed florals. and it is a cream theme, as it turned out, not usual, but very nice, still tweaking it.  I found long stemmed leaf branches in the same tones yesterday, so will work with fitting them in, think they will add a lot.

I find the key is having lots of various colors, shapes, and textures allows me to arrange every year using mostly the same pieces, but interchanging and completely changing the arrangements, if I choose, so as not to be bored.  The two I usually have on each end of the kitchen island are so wonderful to my eye, that they remain the same every year, maybe adding a few new, but this year I will have some arrangements on the kitchen table as I am planning not to put so much out this year as I have projects upcoming, and don't want to have to put a ton of decor away getting ready for Christmas, so the arrangements will be the focal point with enough decor, just not as much as usual.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl . Sounds  like you will have everything decorated when fall gets here. I bet your decorations are beautiful. I did put up my fall wreath yesterday. But that's it so far. Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm excited for the season, too! The Labor Day weekend is when I dig out all my pumpkins and other harvest lovelies to deck the house for autumn; everything will stay up until the weekend before Thanksgiving, when Christmas decor will take over. It's going to be 100 degrees here for the next three days, so hopefully all the autumnal pieces will at least help it seem cooler and more pleasant...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I plan to change out the living room and kitchen this weekend.  It's too hot to change out bedding so the bedrooms will have to wait until the weather is a bit cooler.

Trusted Contributor
Sounds like you have a plan. I have bought a lot of picks and floral stems, pumpkins etc. I’ve really over bought this year. I can’t seem to settle on any one look this year, I like a little of everything according to my mood that day. . And then there’s my old favorites to try to incorporate , geez!! I’ve decorated a little bit so far but can’t make up my mine on the important areas.

I really loved the purples and burgundies I used last year on-my dining table but I’m still not settled on this year. And my fireplace mantel is still up in the air too, sigh....I need to get going right or wrong on something.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s fall decor, hope we have many to post pics.
Honored Contributor

@ladycos wrote:
Sounds like you have a plan. I have bought a lot of picks and floral stems, pumpkins etc. I’ve really over bought this year. I can’t seem to settle on any one look this year, I like a little of everything according to my mood that day. . And then there’s my old favorites to try to incorporate , geez!! I’ve decorated a little bit so far but can’t make up my mine on the important areas.

I really loved the purples and burgundies I used last year on-my dining table but I’m still not settled on this year. And my fireplace mantel is still up in the air too, sigh....I need to get going right or wrong on something.

Can’t wait to see everyone’s fall decor, hope we have many to post pics.

@ladycos   I find my creativity takes over when I begin, have no control over myself at that point, hands take over and I am in a zone, lol, it will all fall into place once you begin.  What I have done so far, I had no idea to begin wiith, just bought what I liked, knowing that, as I said, it would all fall into place.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl   Sounds like you've hit the jackpot with florals and have made some beautiful arrangements.  I hope you'll post some pictures of what you've put together.

Respected Contributor

Re: GETTING READY FOR FALL

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl love your enthusiasm for seasonal decorating. I have a cream and brick red color theme for my porch this year. I do love the fall but wanted something a bit lighter in color this year. I am using the cream and woodsy colors on my mantel. Have fun arranging all your beautiful stems and leaves!.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@mousiegirl love your enthusiasm for seasonal devorating. I have a cream and brick red color theme for my porch this year. I do love the fall but wanted something a bit lighter in color this year. I am using the cream and woodsy colors on my mantel. Have fun arranging all your beautiful stems and leaves!.

@SunValley   Cream and brick sounds wonderful.  Cream must be trendy this year only because I don't recall seeing it before in Fall florals, but I am enjoying the cream arrangement in my bedroom, still tweaking, not satisfied until an arrangement is exploding, lol, like them tall and wide with varying heights.