Honored Contributor

Re: Fall decor (Learning please bear with me)

@Mominohio wrote:

this picture is horrible, sorry for the glare on the glass. Just wanted to show what I did with the Plow and Hearth  pumpkins and some lanterns. This cabinet contained blue dishes (mostly) for years. I was so tired of it, and came up with this just off the cuff one day and was pleased with the look (much better in person). I loved the fall finials in here too.20161125_123341.jpg

@Mominohio  I love the easels too.  I use a lot of them during the year for everyday decor.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

20161125_123135.jpg

@MominohioI love the tray.

@lucymo

Hobby Lobby about a year and a half ago I think. It has a really pretty pattern on the base of it too, but I usually have it covered up with 'stuff'!

I love trays for decorating. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

this picture is horrible, sorry for the glare on the glass. Just wanted to show what I did with the Plow and Hearth  pumpkins and some lanterns. This cabinet contained blue dishes (mostly) for years. I was so tired of it, and came up with this just off the cuff one day and was pleased with the look (much better in person). I loved the fall finials in here too.20161125_123341.jpg

Very nice.  Great way to use the small lanterns.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio  I love the easels too.  I use a lot of them during the year for everyday decor.

Wow @lucymo I'm surprised you could see those in this blurry pic. They are from HL too. I get the greatest home decor things there. 

I never have enough easels. I put platters and pretty plates on them for seasonal decorating in the kitchen and dining room, and large pictures sometimes too.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

20161125_123902.jpg

Great piece to have. 

Honored Contributor

20161125_123022.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Wow @lucymo I'm surprised you could see those in this blurry pic. They are from HL too. I get the greatest home decor things there. 

I never have enough easels. I put platters and pretty plates on them for seasonal decorating in the kitchen and dining room, and large pictures sometimes too.

@Mominohio Well you know we can't let a picture keep us from seeing what someone is doing with decor.  lol  We have eagle eyes for that.

I love beautiful platters on easels.  I got the Better Homes and Gardens one last year and it looks so pretty on a easel.  I seem to run out of counter or table space really fast though.

Honored Contributor

20161125_123559.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

20161125_123022.jpg

I'm loving this scene.  The tray looks great and of course, the lanterns are always right on.

Honored Contributor

OK, I think I'm done (for now!).

I started the Christmas decor today, and hope to finish tomorrow. It was supposed to be a quick thing, but I sat here for hours figuring out how to do this, and kind of got side tracked.

Fall is all packed up and in the basement, dining room and living room totally clean and will be mostly decorated by bedtime.

Saving cleaning and decorating the family room for tomorrow. 

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, and I'm going to work on my photography skills.

I do pretty good outdoors (I did my son's senior pictures and had to sign a release that they were my originals when I went to  have them printed!), but inside and poor lighting really get me messed up. I used to get better shots. I think as my vision gets worse with age, so does my ability to take a decent picture. Yeah, that's it, we'll blame it on old eyes!