Honored Contributor

Re: Countdown to Christmas In July!

@Smc09 wrote:

@Spurt Are we long lost sisters? Smiley Very Happy You sound exactly like me! I walk my dog every morning around 6:00 a.m. before the heat sets in, then I’m indoors all day and come back out around sundown to relax outside with the hubby and dog! 

I make the same joke with my husband that our neighbors probably think I’m a vampire!

It’s the only way I can survive the Alabama summer heat and humidity!

@Smc09

I bet we ARE indeed long lost relatives! Smiley Happy 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Smc09 wrote:

@Spurt Are we long lost sisters? Smiley Very Happy You sound exactly like me! I walk my dog every morning around 6:00 a.m. before the heat sets in, then I’m indoors all day and come back out around sundown to relax outside with the hubby and dog! 

I make the same joke with my husband that our neighbors probably think I’m a vampire!

@Smc09

@Spurt

We should have Ancestry.com look at our DNA. If we are not long, lost sisters, then perhaps we are first cousins. I have to go out in the early morning  hours to beat the heat, and then stay inside until sundown - when it gets a little cooler. 

Honored Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

@Smc09 wrote:

@Smc09

@Spurt

We should have Ancestry.com look at our DNA. If we are not long, lost sisters, then perhaps we are first cousins. I have to go out in the early morning  hours to beat the heat, and then stay inside until sundown - when it gets a little cooler. 

@Carol08 @Smc09

Maybe we are all long lost cousins..Woman Very Happy.

I know friends that are training for a charity run, so they run all these miles in the heat of the day, and I told them they are crazy to do that when it is so darn hot and humid!!! And their answer is they run where its shady ---but its still HOT---I told them to make sure they drink plenty of water....SMH! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@Spurt @Carol08 

Glad to see I am in good company Smiley Happy 

I don’t see how anyone can enjoy the heat/humidity, I am the black sheep of my family, the rest of mine live for summer! Mom always says “the hotter the better”!

Not for me at all, and I don’t see how they are out training in it!! Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@TenderMercies ~ Thank you for posting the programming lineup.  I don't plan on buying much this year (famous last words) but you never know.  Someone on facebook asked Valerie about bringing in more gingerbread pieces and it sounds like she has some surprises headed our way.

This sounds crazy, but we're planning for our future log home.  (This includes cutting back on the credit cards and trying, trying, TRYING to save money).  I admit that when I see something I can envision in our getaway I pick it up.  I always wanted a kitchen with a fireplace and a nice island in it.  I can picture some of Valerie's gingerbread pieces on the island surrounded by those little fairy lights, maybe some of the cotton sparkly snow.  Hmmm.  So much for the saving money part, lol!  :-)

Honored Contributor

I don’t watch, but check in online occasionally.   My goal is to spend less on food products, like apples and pretzels for gifting.   

Respected Contributor

@Smc09 wrote:

Yep, I'm in AZ and I have to get out before 6 AM for my walk. However, no relaxing on the patio in the evening - it's 6:30 and it's still 95 outside. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting the July 1st schedule. I'm really looking forward to Christmas in July and hoping for a good assortment. Last year's CIJ was so so for me so I'm ever hopeful. 😊

I may just have to borrow one of David's moves and bust out the....

IMG_3332.JPG

New Contributor

Thank you posting the schedule.  Hubby is planning a golfing trip with his buddies on July 1 and I am hosting a small group of women who love Christmas.  Everyone is bringing an exchange gift and their favorite Christmas treat.  So far we have stuffed roast chicken, ham biscuits, green bean casserole; 2 cakes and 1 pie.  I think I will throw in some cookies.  Sun dresses and Christmas, the perfect combo.  LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

@froggy some evenings we catch a break but not all... today for instance, it’s 7:30 pm & still 88 degrees out 😰