Super Contributor

Qvc definitely needs to bring this line back. I loved watching those shows. I just browsed the website and the ornaments/home decor are so fun (I almost jumped off the couch when I saw a cupcake snowglobe). They need something "fresh" with their mundane programming.

Trusted Contributor

I agree that Radko is exquisite and I think I do remember a long time ago when it was on.  Perhaps the items have become a little pricey for what the Q wants to present, or Radko does not want to or need to make the deal.that the Q demands. In Southern  CA. we have a beautiful garden place, Roger's Gardens, in Newport Beach.  We go there to visit  the incredible Christmas set up they have every year. That is where we buy Radko and so much more.  You would all lose your minds in that place!!  But pricey. Did buy the Luminara yesterday-think it truly was a deal.

Honored Contributor

I have a collection of Radko that I started from Q, and I really love them.

Q used to have quite a bit more high end items, and didn't seem to have any trouble selling them either. But today it seems all about the price point. There now seems to be a push to bring an inferior knock off of items and keep things in the $20 price point. 

They have a market for these nicer things (Tiffany lamps come to mind as well) but don't seem to remember that there are still those of us here that would rather pay more and see/buy some higher end items. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, mominohio, I agree with you on there being a market for higher priced items. But, I remember a few years ago a young television business reporter being given a tour of the Q by an exec (can't remember name or title) and as they were walking through the studio the topic of sales came up.  I will never forget-everyhting operates of "dollars per minute".  That meansappealing to the masses. But I still think also, it has to do with the profit margin the Q can work out with the vendor. 

Honored Contributor

Flamingo Flare

Christopher Radko  $60

Respected Contributor

@kjae wrote:

I agree that Radko is exquisite and I think I do remember a long time ago when it was on.  Perhaps the items have become a little pricey for what the Q wants to present, or Radko does not want to or need to make the deal.that the Q demands. In Southern  CA. we have a beautiful garden place, Roger's Gardens, in Newport Beach.  We go there to visit  the incredible Christmas set up they have every year. That is where we buy Radko and so much more.  You would all lose your minds in that place!!  But pricey. Did buy the Luminara yesterday-think it truly was a deal.

I loved shopping at Modern Display in Salt Lake City, UT.  They had walls as well as stand displays full of C Radko ornaments.  Also a plethora of quality Christmas decorations...I collect Snowbabies and they always had the biggest selection other than online.  Miss that storeSmiley Sad

Super Contributor

yeah his items are a little on the pricey side, but if the company came back they could always work out a deal. i'm kinda glad i don't have the money to by what i want because i have too much christmas stuff anyway lol

Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

Yes, mominohio, I agree with you on there being a market for higher priced items. But, I remember a few years ago a young television business reporter being given a tour of the Q by an exec (can't remember name or title) and as they were walking through the studio the topic of sales came up.  I will never forget-everyhting operates of "dollars per minute".  That meansappealing to the masses. But I still think also, it has to do with the profit margin the Q can work out with the vendor. 

@kjae I think you are very right. 

I have heard people say that some people who have brought their products to Q make very little, at least initially, but are there for the exposure. I'm sure if they can keep on the air, they will make much money over time, but that 'appealing to the masses' seems to be the rule of the day in retail now.

Valued Contributor

Was I dreaming or did I hear that Christopher Radko had been ill and sold his company a few years ago? 

We didn't get QVC in my area until about 2004. I can't remember if I saw CR on QVC or HSN.  Wasn't he on both at one time or another?

I also remember him decorating the set of the Today Show for the holidays some years ago.  It always looked beautiful.

Regular Contributor

I would love to see Christopher Radko ornaments on the Q but they would get me in trouble as I would want everything I see! Mr. Radko sold his company 10 years ago and now Rauch Industries owns it. The quality is the same as I have kept buying on a yearly basis ever since. It would be great if that company would come back to the Q with some sort of rep but I'm pretty sure the man that bears the company name was the main appeal and he is no longer connected to it. I'm sure QVC could look into it. Jim Shore makes his appearances and there isn't anything cheap about his products price wise. I think the channel is trying to appeal to the usable all year and shatterproof mentality type of crowd. I like the more elegant look myself.