Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas tree shortages?

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm not worried about an epic snowstorm; I'm wondering if it will ever be cold.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 86° when it's supposed to be 72°. 

I've had one 20 minute moderate shower here in the past 6 months, no other rain.  There is concern that the Rio Grande at Albuquerque may dry up.  I'm watering old, established shrubbery and trees for the first time ever.

Snow?  I'm not even remotely concerned.

@Kachina624 

Count your blessings it could be worse, because of that hurricane in the Gulf and Texas on the Western side of it...it will be spewing hot air our way....and Sunday it supposed to be 99....😬🥵.......Hopefully it will cool off by Tuesday.;...We need rain too.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   Thankfully, that cold front will be here Sunday but there's no rain with it.  At least it'll be in the 70s next week.  Just pray it doesn't get hot again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt   Thankfully, that cold front will be here Sunday but there's no rain with it.  At least it'll be in the 70s next week.  Just pray it doesn't get hot again.

@Kachina624 

I'm so sick of this hot weather normally mid October is when we have some of our nicest weather....These tropical storms are messing things up and those poor folks in Louisiana get hit again with more flooding...Woman Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 @stevieb 

I remember a few years ago "the experts" were predicting more severe cold winters for Texas....saying it wouldn't be unusual in the future for even South Texas to get an annual dusting of snow....But weather cycles change (as one meteorologist brought out graphs and data to show the ebb and flow of weather cycles) We haven't had a real "winter" here for a couple years...we get our cold spells and freezes and we even got some snow flurries but mostly above average temperatures instead of our "blue northers".....They blame the jet stream and its either El Nino or is it Nina...one of those causing this.... Smiley Sad   But I would love have whats considered a "normal winter"....like you @stevieb  I dont mind cold weather for a brief time

BTW interesting note---those wild fires in California that people think have become more severe in recent years, but the actual facts are the fires were more extensive and severe back in the 1930's.................

Honored Contributor

@Spurt    Seems like many places have much milder winters and hotter summers than they did in the past.  My sister in the Philadelphia area had virtually no snow last winter.  I remember some fierce blizzards we had there when I was in high school.  Also, nobody had or needed air conditioning back in those days.  Now it's often hotter there than it is here in the desert.

We had a decent winter with good snow in 2006, but not much since.  I'm very concerned about our drought.  I've had about 2" of rain at my house this whole year with one small 20min shower since last spring.  I'm having to water trees and shrubbery I've never watered before.  Water is expensive here.  My bill is going to look like the national debt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt    Seems like many places have much milder winters and hotter summers than they did in the past.  My sister in the Philadelphia area had virtually no snow last winter.  I remember some fierce blizzards we had there when I was in high school.  Also, nobody had or needed air conditioning back in those days.  Now it's often hotter there than it is here in the desert.

We had a decent winter with good snow in 2006, but not much since.  I'm very concerned about our drought.  I've had about 2" of rain at my house this whole year with one small 20min shower since last spring.  I'm having to water trees and shrubbery I've never watered before.  Water is expensive here.  My bill is going to look like the national debt.

@Kachina624 

I can empathize and sympathize with you on the drought and water...you want your trees and shrubs to survive...so you gotta do what you gotta do...and its so costly..... 

We just recently had Phase 1 water restrictions removed, a couple years ago it was worse we were at Phase 2 restrictions...

In the next week and a half no rain in sight, meanwhile Louisiana gets flooded....SMH!!!  Wishing for some nice rains for both of our areas.....