Valued Contributor

I'm Starting to get Nervous About my Advance Orders

Mid-October is approaching fast, and still no sign of my gingerbread trees, or cedar & pine garland collection.  I'd feel much better if they were at least in process.

I was at Hobby Lobby and Michaels today, and there were TONS of shoppers buying everything they could get their hands on.  Both stores are already running out of certain items.  If you want something from either store, you'd better get it now, cuz it will be gone!!

Please QVC, don't let me down -- I need that garland collection!  I already gave the old stuff away.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm Starting to get Nervous About my Advance Orders

[ Edited ]

i ordered 3 sets of the valerie parr  hill beaded trees they're on advanced delivery. says they are suppose to be shipped today...  as long as i know they are coming within the next week or so im ok with it.. can't wait to get them.... dont mind advanced deliveries as long as i know im going to get them........ i just went in to my order page and looked and im so happy!!  my orders were just shipped today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@bonnie f -- That's good news!  Gives me hope that somebody's advance orders are moving forward!

Frequent Contributor

I have the set of 2 gingerbread kids on advance order. Didn’t know it was advance order until after I ordered it. Nothing said in the presentation and nothing on the website that said it was advance order. I don’t even have a ship date. Just left waiting. 

Trusted Contributor

@dollgal wrote:

I have the set of 2 gingerbread kids on advance order. Didn’t know it was advance order until after I ordered it. Nothing said in the presentation and nothing on the website that said it was advance order. I don’t even have a ship date. Just left waiting. 

@dollgal  - you can go to your order and view it.  Under standard delivery there is an edit button.  Click that and you can see the delivery date.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @DecorDiva -- I wasn't aware you could find the delivery date like that.

I checked my garland orders, and the est delivery date is November 10!  I can't believe it!!  I wanted to start decorating the day after Halloween.  

Now I'm really mad.  Seems like QVC has an obligation to be more up front about delayed delivery.  Is it because of staffing shortages?  Is the product stuck in Customs?  Shoppers need to be able to make informed decisions!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Thank you @DecorDiva -- I wasn't aware you could find the delivery date like that.

I checked my garland orders, and the est delivery date is November 10!  I can't believe it!!  I wanted to start decorating the day after Halloween.  

Now I'm really mad.  Seems like QVC has an obligation to be more up front about delayed delivery.  Is it because of staffing shortages?  Is the product stuck in Customs?  Shoppers need to be able to make informed decisions!!

I agree...they can send out emails about everything else like "picked just for you" ...but not when something is delayed or goes on backorder...

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Mid-October is approaching fast, and still no sign of my gingerbread trees, or cedar & pine garland collection.  I'd feel much better if they were at least in process.

I was at Hobby Lobby and Michaels today, and there were TONS of shoppers buying everything they could get their hands on.  Both stores are already running out of certain items.  If you want something from either store, you'd better get it now, cuz it will be gone!!

Please QVC, don't let me down -- I need that garland collection!  I already gave the old stuff away. 

@Beauty Maven   I absolutely agree with you. I was at HomeGoods today and the customers were lined up just to look at items.....it was unbelievable.

I will NOT order anything from the Q that I need in a certain time span after waiting a solid month on my skincare and some makeup items. That was enough for me. Woman Tongue 

Esteemed Contributor

I was wondering the same thing!!  I have several foodie items on advance order that will be gifts. 

I won't order anything gifty to be shipped in Dec.

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee -- My neighborhood Home Goods stores are the same.  There's a line out the door, especially on the weekend.

I'm just praying QVC comes through with my garland/wreath collection before December.  I'm sure it's a supplier-distribution problem.  I don't think QVC has the product yet.  I'm getting other orders pretty quickly.

In the meantime, I better get some construction paper and Elmer's glue and start making that paper-chain garland (ha ha)!!