Trusted Contributor

Agree with Susan Louise. Make it a point of getting the Light Keeper Pro. It works and is fantastic. Been using it for years. My friend just had half her lights on her tree go out. She ran out and got the light keeper pro and the lights are all working, it is the best little light fixer on the market. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for the lightkeeper pro.....that tool works!!

Honored Contributor

@patofl wrote:

We set our 4 year old pre lit tree up last Friday to be sure all the lights were lit. Good , they were all lit. Spent all day Saturday decorating it. Last night half the lights on the middle section went out.At least we still have half the lights. Of course this happened when we had friends over for dinner.I'm praying the remainder of the lights last thru the season, & it looks like a new tree next year. I think 4 years seems to be about all you get from these pre lit trees. Our previous ones lasted about this long as well.

@patofl  Last Christmas when setting up a three year old prelit tree that Lisa Roberts sold here, one strand was out. This year, I held my breath when we set it up.  I was adjusting some branches, and the strand went on!  So, maybe some jiggling may bring it back on.  I did notice that one bulb is out.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@patofl It's happened to me more than once, and twice with a huge, complex tree decorated to within an inch of its life. Rather than have a half lit tree, I painstakingly wove several strings of new lights into the tree, yes, with the ornaments in place. I wasn't going to undecorate the tree and then redecorate it. It's not a treat, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Worth considering.

@stevieb  WOW,  I would probably have brought down the entire tree trying to do that, lol.

Trusted Contributor

This 'tool' only works for incandescent bulbs.  If anyone knows of an LED app, please share.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@patofl It's happened to me more than once, and twice with a huge, complex tree decorated to within an inch of its life. Rather than have a half lit tree, I painstakingly wove several strings of new lights into the tree, yes, with the ornaments in place. I wasn't going to undecorate the tree and then redecorate it. It's not a treat, but it's not as bad as it sounds. Worth considering.

@stevieb  WOW,  I would probably have brought down the entire tree trying to do that, lol.

@mousiegirl I couldn't believe it happened twice to the same huge tree... I was younger and more agile then... Not sure I could do it again now...

Woman Wink

It happened again this year, but with a much smaller tree, only requiring one string of lights and thankfully, before it was decorated...

Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@fitfuninformed  Good morning!  I have not personally tried this one but I see that there is a tool called LED keeper that is specially designed to work with LED lights. Best of luck!

Valued Contributor

@fitfuninformed

Good morning!  I have not personally tried this one but I see that there is a tool called LED keeper that is specially designed to work with LED lights. Best of luck!

Frequent Contributor

@patofl  this happened to me about 3 years ago.  We had purchased a tree at Hobby Lobby and loved it.  I knew the lights were failing the year before because the back half went out after I had it decorated.  The next year more went out so I just kept asking DH to add more light and more lights.  Before I knew it we had about 1,500 lights on it.  It was wonderful to just sit in the glow of the tree at night!

IMG_0513.JPG

Honored Contributor