Esteemed Contributor

Re: Christmas gift for an office

[ Edited ]

not sure what your budget is or how many are in the office,.I would avoid  a community basket  of  grab  items .  I would suggest  1/2 sandwiches individually wrapped in baggies  or  coupon to the  hospital  coffee shop .

Pannera is selling gift cards  where you get $10  free when you buy a $50 card. When I worked at the hospital us nurses would be overwhelmed with so many  tins of candy, cookies and sweets. Most of us could use a sandwich when we were so busy we could not leave the unit to even get  lunch break,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also would stay away from finger foods.  For my office I did Cheryl cookies this year because wrapped individually, otherwise I would have baked like I normally do.   I also gave people Germack  holiday mixes.

Apples and oranges and that type of fruit would work as well.  

Respected Contributor

Brownie bites from Publix!

Decorated Brownie Bites Large 35-Count

Valued Contributor

If the office has a keurig, maybe an assortment of k-cups and some goodies to with them like a tray of cookies from Sams or Cosco? 

Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Brownie bites from Publix!

Decorated Brownie Bites Large 35-Count

Just WOW!!!!!  Smiley Surprised

**Putting on my combat boots to walk from Joisey to JawJaaaa to visit the nearest Publix.**

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions. I looked around and there are a lot of local bakeries here. I decided to go for custom made holiday theme cupcakes. The place is right down the street from me and they all look so delicious. Im gonna have them individually wrap them.

I better stay away from this place in the future because I know I may get inticed to go every now and then.  

Heres a picture of what they look like

Icing on cupcake.jpg

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

Those look yummy! Good idea to have them wrapped individually and I like that you were able to support a local business. And ya, I'd have to avoid the place, too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deb5555   oh my, you brought back a good memory.  Years ago, a co worker gave each of us in our customer service group Frango mints.  We loved getting these every year.  I’ll have to google it, I don’t see them in SW PA.  I think he always got them in Chicago.  

Just googled, Macy’s!  I had no idea.  Great.  I’m going to get some!

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose :   Those look delicious and the packaging is perfect for the day we live in.  I am sure they will be greatly appreciated.  What a kind gesture you made.

Honored Contributor

I am just now seeing your post, but Costco seems to have by far the best selections of corporate-type holiday food gifts. Due to the pandemic, I would think individually wrapped cookies or other items would be best....some things enjoyed in the past, like platters of fruit or cookies, won’t be shared and will probably be deemed unsanitary. A friend of mine gets See’s candies...individually wrapped big treats and passes them out at her office from a Christmas basket she makes every year. The candies are a big hit, and if the person doesn’t like/ want the treat, they can easily share it.