Valued Contributor

@aroc3435-- Thank you for sharing that sweet memory of your childhood Christmas.  God bless your parents for the super-human effort to make the holiday special for you.  They obviously loved you very much!!  I can't imagine doing EVERYTHING (decor and gifts) in one night.  Those memories are the best gift they could give -- because they last a lifetime. . .

. . .and THAT is why we love to decorate for Christmas!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree

[ Edited ]

@Beauty Maven   I know, exactly, that is why I still like to continue the Christmas magic.  And my Dad worked two jobs and my Mom worked a full time job--she was not the typical stay-at-home mom of the late fifties/early sixties.

Trusted Contributor

@FLGranny 

I purchased the Santa best two year ago. I was worried after the first year because I had one small section of lights that would blink on and off sometimes. I had read a lot of negative reviews after I had purchased mine . I had fears of the whole thing not working the next year. But I still didn’t want to box it up and send it back. 

Low a behold I set it back up the next year and the problem had fixed itself. Maybe I didn’t have the power pole connected right , who knows. 

I love having the choice to use the white lights or the multi colored. Also the power in the pole is nice. For some reason the tree is just easier to set up than my previous trees. The branches on mine also have memory and are easier to fluff . I happy with my tree. 

Hope you find the tree of your dreams this weekend  with a great price to go with it.  Good luck !

Honored Contributor

@FLGranny 

Home Depot has excellent prices and trees with all the bells and whistles--light in the pole, color changing.  I got a Martha Stewart brand.  Home Depots in my area bring their trees out in October.

My sister paid a lot for her 7.5ft from Target it didn't last one full season...she had problems with lights and other things...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”