Super Contributor

Re: Christmas Tree Placement and Moving Furniture?

This is one of my trees - last put up in 2017 though because it's an all day process to assemble.  I have the original snowball color wheel to light it, and have it on a revolving tree stand. I only had to move two chairs because my house iis/was open so my husband, now deceased, could move throughout in his wheelchair without navigating tables and furniture.  This was also my last Christmas party held at my house - I had a 70"s cocktail & hors d'oeuvres party - so much less work because I didn't have to time food preparation.  

Pom pom tree.JPG

Honored Contributor

We used to move things around when my mother and my sister and I would get a beautiful live tree-you know go out on the Christmas tree lots and choose the tree we liked best.

Now I have a little one so don't need to move anything.

I just want to tell you @Regal Bee,

I still remember the pictures of your tree and pretty decorations in your rooms. Was it last year? Anyway they were obviously very memorable!

I hope you will post your pictures this year too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Used to but got a table top tree on a good sale. Cant wait to put it up Smiley Happy  I love the Fall and Holiday Season. 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   Thank you.....you are so kind. I don't think I posted any last year. I really have to get on the stick. Smiley Wink

Thanks to everyone for all the great replies and the wonderful pictures....makes me even more excited for Christmas. Yay!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only have one 7 ' tree that is placed in a corner of the living room.  The only thing that I move is a large potted plant that is currently in that corner.  I'll bring it up to the bedroom.  

It takes most of an afternoon just to put up and decorate the tree.  I can't imagine the work (not fun anymore to me) involved with multiple trees.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee,

You are right. Probably nithing happened last year which I probably blocked out! But still I remember your beautiful tree and pictures because just the way you placed things and the pictures themselves.

"Oh, we need a little Christmas! Candles on the spinet. Need a little Christmas now!!" 🎼🎄🥰

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay   You are so right.....we all need a little Christmas.

I am so tired of all the doom and gloom in the news and on and on and have moved my thinking into something positive......even thinking of putting up my Fall tree.......oh my! Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

We put up a tree at my parents' house.  To do so, we move a game table from that spot to another spot in the room.  Luckily, I don't have to move the table by myself. 

Honored Contributor

I specifically downsized my trees to five footers just so I didn't have to do a whole bunch of furniture moving and storing anymore. Easier to set up and take down, quicker to decorate, less imposing in the rooms. I'm beyond the tree needing to be the huge stand out focal point, and prefer it is now more of a nod to the season and a complement to other vignettes and the 'theme' of the room. 

Some years now I just do one in the family room and use all the 'collected over the years' sentimental ornaments. Some years I do one in the formal living room as well, usually in a gold theme to match the theme of the room's other holiday decor. 

Honored Contributor

Our only tree goes in front of our double living room windows. All I do is move the 2 large potted plants, one moves to the left, the other to the right, to make space for the tree. Easy.