Valued Contributor

I purchased them one year for Easter - they were individually wrapped with frosting. I much prefer to make my own cookies or purchase from my local bakery. I don’t remember what I paid but I didn’t feel they were worth the price with S&H. 

Esteemed Contributor

@simplyfriends wrote:

I purchased them one year for Easter - they were individually wrapped with frosting. I much prefer to make my own cookies or purchase from my local bakery. I don’t remember what I paid but I didn’t feel they were worth the price with S&H. 

I have received them several times as gifts, and I agree.  I far prefer local bakeries. - or even the bakery section of a supermarket.  

Yes, they were individually wrapped, but many of them were crumbled.  I also thought the frosting was much too sweet, and the cookies themselves were dry and tasteless.  Just really underwhelming.

I had issues with their CS too, so I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

Respected Contributor

Mine were very dry.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite by far are the frosted cookies but they are very sweet and rich. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't feel like any of the non-frosted cookies are anything special; my local grocery store makes cookies that are at least as good when I'm not in the mood to bake.

As for the frosted ones, the buttercream is quite nice, though the vanilla buttercream ones are a little too plain and sweet without enough flavor for my taste. The birthday cake and wedding cake versions are cloyingly sweet; even my sister who loves super-sweet things didn't love them. But the specialty frosted flavors, such as the citrus ones, are typically very good. I recently tried a mango one for the first time in a summer assortment and was extremely surprised at how delicious it was--it also had little bits of tender dried mango in the cookie. After fighting over the remaining mango cookie in the QVC assortment, we actually purchased a create-your-own box from Cheryl's with just the mango cookies and our FAVORITES, the chocolate cookies with the salted caramel frosting.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

They're yummy!

Regular Contributor

they are not anywhere near as good as they used to be. at some point the company must have been bought out because it's part of a bunch of other companies now. I am guessing at that point the ingredients changed because they are not what they used to be. definitely not worth the money.

Regular Contributor

Cheryl's cookies are delicious.  Try them.  I have them sent to my little cousins and they also love them.

Honored Contributor

If you like to bake and are good at it, you will not be thrilled with commercial cookies and these IMO do not taste home made. Of course if you don't bake these are good.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cheryl’s Cookies

[ Edited ]

Cheryl's Cookies got their start in my hometown back in the 80s. Though the 80s and 90s, they were really a big deal here during the glory days of mall shopping. With their real butter and fresh ingredients baked on the premises,  their cookies were the best. There was nothing better than a freshly baked Cheryl's cookie and my kids never let me leave the mall without a stop there. My daughters loved the frosted buttercream sugar cookies and the chocolate chunk and I usually went for the white chocolate macadamia. 

As for the mail order cookies, I think they're pretty good for what they are. I've never had a bad one.