Esteemed Contributor

Re: Carolers - do they come to your street?

Nope, never had them now nor when I was younger. It’s just not something we do in the desert. 

Respected Contributor

Sadly no...not since about 30 years ago.

However I remember loving it, in spite of standing in the open doorway freezing ! 😳

Respected Contributor

No. I don't even get kids trick or treating for Halloween.

The only times I've ever seen carolers going door-to-door I was one of the carolers. In middle and high school, my friend Melissa had an annual holiday party and we all went caroling as part of the activities. That would have been around 1983-1987. Since then, I've only seen them at events like the Great Dickens Christmas Fair in San Francisco and in movies.

Honored Contributor

The speed limit on the street we live on is 40 mph. And no one pays attention to that. 

Nope, no Carolers for us. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Only when I was a young girl at my parents home, about 40 years ago.

I would love to see this custom return.  If I could sing, I would even join.

Valued Contributor

Being part of a language club in High School, we went caroling down on the riverwalk in San Antonio with other schools and their clubs. That was 4 years of having fun for the Christmas season.

When we lived in El Paso for a short time, my son's Boy Scout troop with all parents and siblings, went caroling around the Scoutmaster's neighborhood. We were a very large group!

Esteemed Contributor

A group goes caroling in my neighborhood.  Nice touch!  Many are away from family (snowbirds) and old traditions help make Christmas merry & bright!

Honored Contributor

Image result for christmas carolers

Don't anybody tell Jill about this! LOL

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

No, although I know of church groups that go to nursing homes. I believe the caroler shortage is due them appearing in every Hallmark movie starting in October.

@AuntG

That is hilarious! LOL

Respected Contributor

No strolling carolers here but often they will be at the town squares on the lead up to Christmas.  Sometimes actual groups from the High Scool and such,  but some times smaller groups. I look for the HighSchoolers as they are usually advertising their upcoming concert. ( I try not to miss it.) Yet I like the smaller groups who never mind you joining in on a song if the spirit takes you.