Honored Contributor

CR 2450 batteries...where to buy and what brand is best

Bought the Luminara mini's and the Candle Impressions set of 10 votives and tea lights, so will be eating CR 2450 batteries at this house soon!

I know a lot of people have mentioned getting them in bulk from Amazon, but those with more experience, what brand is the best?

I usually buy Duracell for all my other battery needs, and I'm looking for these to be the longest lasting batteries I can find in this style. 

Please share your experiences with the various brands of this style battery, as well as the source with the greatest prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CR 2450 batteries...where to buy and what brand is best

[ Edited ]

Yes, I did buy a bunch from Amazon.  Realized that those tea lights eat batteries like a child eats candy!!  Don't think I will be buying anymore.  So much for the tea lights...and they are so cute and versatile.  What a waste.

They were Energizer.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Yes, I did buy a bunch from Amazon.  Realized that those tea lights eat batteries like a child eats candy!!  Don't think I will be buying anymore.  So much for the tea lights...and they are so cute and versatile.  What a waste.

They were Energizer.

@Patriot3

Last night, Candle Impressions had presented a new set of 10 votives. Six of them are votive size, and 4 of them are tea light size. They are all supposed to use the CR 2450 battery, and "THEY SAID"  the battery life would be 500 hours on these. 

If this is true, this is a revolution in tea lights (relative to anything I've ever had or seen).

I have a lot of votive holders and other small things I like to light up inside, but in the past, any little light for in them never lasted long enough to mess with because of the battery life. 

Hoping these will be both bright enough and last long enough to be worthwhile. 

They already were untruthful about the battery life on those Luminara mini lanterns (supposed to be 100 hours or 20 days on timer, but I've gotten as little as 10 days on some already) so I'm hoping the CI tea lights and votives will be much better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio,

The last CR2450 batteries I bought were from ebay seller smartdealscity, and the price paid was $23.57 for 100.  The name on the battery face is Eunicell, but that name was not in the title when I bought them 2 years ago.

I tried Energizers once, but did not buy them again due to the enormous price difference per battery.  I do not recall a big difference in battery life between the two brands mentioned, maybe a few days at the most, if any at all.

On the subject of CI, the problem I have always had with the older CI technology is how their candles start to dim after a short while, and continue to dim more and more, looking not so great.  Even though they technically are still glowing and have that long battery life, their dim glow would not be pleasant, so I would change batteries before they'd actually quit.  I have no idea if their newer black imbedded wick items will perform the same, but it is something to consider.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio

As you might remember I have been in the midst of testing the mini lantern tea lights, I ordered a total of 12 of the lanterns and I have been testing all of them.

Using the batteries that came with them they lasted between 5 and 12 days on the timer. I had one that just for fun I left it on continuously. It burned for 5 days or more than 120 hrs.

I put my new batteries that I bought from Amazon in two of the tealights. As of yesterday they were still going on the timer for 12 days. These are the ones I found for the best price last month - $20 for 50 batteries.  But I am still going to look for cheaper ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003F9V890/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have decided that I am going to use the remote for these tealights - I don't want to have to be inspecting them every day to see which ones are still working. It will be less bother to just walk around with the remote and click them on at 5 or 6 and click them off when we go to bed. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio,

The last CR2450 batteries I bought were from ebay seller smartdealscity, and the price paid was $23.57 for 100.  The name on the battery face is Eunicell, but that name was not in the title when I bought them 2 years ago.

I tried Energizers once, but did not buy them again due to the enormous price difference per battery.  I do not recall a big difference in battery life between the two brands mentioned, maybe a few days at the most, if any at all.

On the subject of CI, the problem I have always had with the older CI technology is how their candles start to dim after a short while, and continue to dim more and more, looking not so great.  Even though they technically are still glowing and have that long battery life, their dim glow would not be pleasant, so I would change batteries before they'd actually quit.  I have no idea if their newer black imbedded wick items will perform the same, but it is something to consider.

@SHOPR

Thanks for the recommendation on the batteries. I'm really hoping to buy a big batch (like 100 of them) so I don't have to keep buying, and want to get something others have used with success.

And you are right about the dimming of the CI candles. It is something I have noticed as well. In many instances it really doesn't bother me, as the dimming for mine, only becomes really noticeable  after several months of use, and I too, often will change out the batteries early too. 

Usually the bigger the battery, the longer time before that dimming begins. So since these are button batteries, I have to wonder if they CI tea lights/votives will dim very quickly. 

I have till January to figure it out! LOL I love buying things like this during these events, because you really get to see if they live up to the hype, and if not, back they go!.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Mominohio

As you might remember I have been in the midst of testing the mini lantern tea lights, I ordered a total of 12 of the lanterns and I have been testing all of them.

Using the batteries that came with them they lasted between 5 and 12 days on the timer. I had one that just for fun I left it on continuously. It burned for 5 days or more than 120 hrs.

I put my new batteries that I bought from Amazon in two of the tealights. As of yesterday they were still going on the timer for 12 days. These are the ones I found for the best price last month - $20 for 50 batteries.  But I am still going to look for cheaper ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003F9V890/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have decided that I am going to use the remote for these tealights - I don't want to have to be inspecting them every day to see which ones are still working. It will be less bother to just walk around with the remote and click them on at 5 or 6 and click them off when we go to bed. 

@froggy

Thanks for the link!

I've been testing some of the Luminara mini's as well, and not at all happy with the battery life in these. 

Hoping a different brand than what they come with will solve the problem. Keep us posted what you find, and I will as well, when I get some other batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, Good luck.  Changing button batteries constantly is such a pain.  I hope you find that your new ones are tolerable.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought.....I wonder if Lithium batteries would be any better.  Maybe w/the higher cost it might just be a wash. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

They were Energizer.

@Patriot3

Last night, Candle Impressions had presented a new set of 10 votives. Six of them are votive size, and 4 of them are tea light size. They are all supposed to use the CR 2450 battery, and "THEY SAID"  the battery life would be 500 hours on these. 

If this is true, this is a revolution in tea lights (relative to anything I've ever had or seen).

I have a lot of votive holders and other small things I like to light up inside, but in the past, any little light for in them never lasted long enough to mess with because of the battery life. 

Hoping these will be both bright enough and last long enough to be worthwhile. 

They already were untruthful about the battery life on those Luminara mini lanterns (supposed to be 100 hours or 20 days on timer, but I've gotten as little as 10 days on some already) so I'm hoping the CI tea lights and votives will be much better.

@Mominohio

I use only Duracell too....

This is just my experience, but I found Candle Impressions candles to be better with batteries than Luminara....Luminara quality has really gone down hill...and it shouldnt at the prices they charge!!!....

JMHO.....

Good luck with the CI candles!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”