Esteemed Contributor

@SEGardener wrote:

I'm relatively new to QVC after a 7 year hiatus.  Initially I was on a quest for Lock n Lock storage containers as well as a new Bethlehem lights Christmas Tree this year.  Found one I really liked at a great price.  I also picked up a few holiday decor items to freshen my Christmas decorating as well as outdoor lights.  I visit this forum from time to time to pick up on other customers's view of holiday product.  However, I have to admit, the numbers of disgruntled people whining about CIJ or comparing it to previous years to the constant criticism of product.  Is this an indication of how unhappy people are?  Good Lord, if you don't like seeing Christmas merchandise whether sellout clearance or new sales items, don't watch.  Do something else.  Like so many commenting I do watch the CIJ shows - not all.  QVC hasn't changed much over the past 7-1/2 years...exhorbitant ship costs on trees, slow shipping but I can find items especially kitchenware and counter appliances in the colors and at great pricing.  I know what I'm getting into turning on QVC.  So for all those of you who can't seem to get beyond your single point of view, grow up.  This forum has turned into a cackle session with not much on products offered.  If this offends you, sorry, but I'm also entitled to my point of view.

@SEGardener, The CIJ hate posts are something I just skim over as much as possible.  As for those "comparing it to previous years [or] to the constant criticism of product" I think those two are valid criticisms and since this is a QVC-run forum, I think this is the place for them, to let QVC know what we, who are still wanting to shop CIJ, would like to see improved. 

Sure, as @juanitalinda said in this thread, I definitely miss all the positive excitement and anticipation of receiving things and reviews of awesome items, but maybe those occurrences and now few and far between? 

I don't know.  I only know that I have had poor luck with quality over the last two or three years at least. 

By the way, I read that there are private Facebook groups for QVC home or Valerie items that will not allow any type of criticism, not even about poor quality.  Maybe you would enjoy those places better. 

Frequent Contributor

@bronxgal1 wrote:

How do you know people are complaining  and whining??? Unless you are reading each and every post. EVERYONE has a right to an opinion!-- Whether they whine or complain! 

And you can't recognize the whining and complaining?

Frequent Contributor

QVC started a dedicated channel for CIJ  which is replay of all the CIJ shows.  However, if I tune on to QVC and really don't have an interest in the show content, I change the channel.  My observation was based on the fact that I searched the forums for a couiple items I was interested in and hoping to find customer's impressions and comments.  I found only a scant few.  The vast majority was commandeered by folks who clearly had issues with QVC programming.  I'm finished shopping CIJ and leave the forums to the whiners.

Honored Contributor

Re: CIJ - Just Wondering...

[ Edited ]

I have issues with what this board is now too but I understand that the POSTERS determine what any board will be.  Calling people names, insulting them, demanding that this board become what YOU want it to be speaks to your own misery.  You are using this board as whipping boy for whatever is going on in your life.  Yes, QVC has changed in 7 years....lol.  What hasn't?  Did you think QVC was frozen in time simply because you weren't watching?  Also your entire post was whing and complaining with a dose of bashing thrown in...lol.  

Honored Contributor

@SEGardener wrote:

QVC started a dedicated channel for CIJ  which is replay of all the CIJ shows.  However, if I tune on to QVC and really don't have an interest in the show content, I change the channel.  My observation was based on the fact that I searched the forums for a couiple items I was interested in and hoping to find customer's impressions and comments.  I found only a scant few.  The vast majority was commandeered by folks who clearly had issues with QVC programming.  I'm finished shopping CIJ and leave the forums to the whiners.

Perhaps if you had started a thread and asked for people's reviews and comments about the items you were interested in you may have gotten several responses.  People do that all the time and get lots of honest reviews.  But no one can read your mind about what you're interested in unless you mention it.

This is one of the few forums that people actually do talk about products quite often.

Frequent Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@SEGardener wrote:

Perhaps if you had started a thread and asked for people's reviews and comments about the items you were interested in you may have gotten several responses.  People do that all the time and get lots of honest reviews.  But no one can read your mind about what you're interested in unless you mention it.

This is one of the few forums that people actually do talk about products quite often.

In otherwords, if an opinion is different the PC approach is the solution.  Right.  Critical folks here - thin skinned as well.