Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights TSV Saturday (7/31) - Includes Blue Spruce!!

@PA Mom-mom 

Thanks for posting this. That blue spruce is beyond beautiful and really is a step up in elegance for these items. 

I'm so not in the market for these types of things, but I so love the look of these. 

If you buy these, can I come by this holiday season just to sit and look at them for an evening? I'll bring cookies and hot chocolate!! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@PA Mom-mom 

Thanks for posting this. That blue spruce is beyond beautiful and really is a step up in elegance for these items. 

I'm so not in the market for these types of things, but I so love the look of these. 

If you buy these, can I come by this holiday season just to sit and look at them for an evening? I'll bring cookies and hot chocolate!! LOL

@Mominohio  You are always welcome!  I'm thinking maybe a 6 or 7 hour drive. There will be a fire in the fireplace!

Trusted Contributor

Road trip!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Calgal2too wrote:

so happy you posted this!  I just did a search on 'color flip' last night and found only a green wreath.

I ordered the white swag last year, and loved it, so i want to get the white wreath this time.   

@Calgal2too ...and anyone else interested....  I have the same in the swag and love them.  I also wanted the white wreath since they are hard to find.  WELL....they actually do have the white wreath, but for whatever reason, they are not showing up on the Bethlehem Lights page.  But, if you type in Item # H-223051, they are there at a "Limited Quantites Price" for $28.09.

I ordered two of them because I wanted to put one of the white in my "backup" closet, lol.  Anyway, I just received them last week and they are just as gorgeous as the swags.  Better hurry, and get these because they are marked, "Limited Quantities Price" and I am sure they will sell out quickly.

Bethlehem Lights 26

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom ...GOOD FOR YOU!!!  I'm glad you ordered the blue spruce.  They are hard to find.  I love the whites ones offered last year and I don't like the "flocking" kind.  It's hard to find just the plain white ones too....got them in the swag, wreath and I might have to get the ones in the hanging basket.

I was wondering if this new TSV had the "light functions" as last years....you know, the twinkle, glisten, fast glisten, etc.  I didn't see it mentioned in the description and hope it does for all that want this new TSV.  I like putting mine on the slow glisten mode.

Honored Contributor

The older Bethlehem Light products were excellent quality. Ihave a wreath and garland that are still going strong after 8 years , but a recent purchase of another garland didnt last long at all---in the middle of the second year it stopped working altogether....the quality just isnt the same....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pulled mine out from last year to compare to the tsv this year. Not much is said about remotes, how they blink like glistening (my favorite). My garland stopped working last year after a couple of weeks; my husband trouble shooted the wire several times. I was going to look for a set of lights for this garland, but we tried it today with batteries and it worked! There must be a short somewhere.

The only thing I've noticed so far about the tsv is the lights are different in shape; they are longer and faceted. Last year they were the short, stubby kind, so I don't know if they have the same functions. Now I know what light strands to replace it if needed.

I love blue spruce, have the real trees in my front yard, so I bought a garland. Like you, @PA Mom-mom , this color goes better in my room of cream/blue/green shades.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore When we built our house about 37 years ago, we planted a blue spruce because we love them and so I would have branches to use for Christmas decorations. It grew to the height of the house. I used the branches for many years, but the tree finally had to be taken down due to its age and some disease. They are my favorite tree, but our arborist told me they just don't really like our Eastern PA weather. Now, I'm going with faux. Besides, the real thing comes with spiders sometimes! Yikes!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom 

We bought this house 21 years ago and spruce trees were already there. Living here in CO, they do well, I guess since they are called Colorado blue spruce, lol!

Jan 2020,  a horrific wind storm uprooted one of them and it landed crossing the road on the side (we live on a corner). I know they were all much taller than our house (2 story), but the storm took out only one, the shortest 35ft or more, the healthiest looking one with thick, even branches all the way around. Squirrels built their nests up there hidden well. We still have two left, couldn't afford to buy another spruce, but my husband planted something that grows quickly in its spot.

Super Contributor

Kittykatkay....  you just saved me a bunch of $$!!   Thank you!