Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Big Plans for the 4th?

We're having a family party of about 12. Not going to the local fireworks because one of our dogs freaks with the noise and we won't leave her.  I don't enjoy planning parties, my husband nitpicks everything we plan to serve. Annoys me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

Hate the fireworks. My poor dog bella goes into serious tremors for hours at the first pop. So stressful for me also watching her. Breaks my heart. Nothing works so this is why I hate the 4th and NY eve.   

Respected Contributor

No big plans here either. Maybe grilling out if it doesn't rain-AGAIN!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ive had a very stressful past 10 days.

Around 10 :00am or so

• Im going to draw my black out curtains closed,
  • get out a couple of candles,
  • turn down the ac to 72.
  • Get out a new foot bucket i bought, fill with warm water and Dr. Bronners Peppermint soap
  •  Get out a sheet mask for my face and some slick wet lip gloss
  •  Plug in my heating pad and turn vibrate and set it up in my most comfy chair for my back
  •  plug in my neck/shoulder pillow massage thingy 
  • Fix a diet drink with cushy ice
  • Something chocolate i have not bought yet
  • Grab my big jar of Josie Maran Sugar scrub for my feet
  • Grab my big jar of Josie Maran body butter
  • A towel ot two
  • The remote

and hopefully feel divine. Ive never ever done this before and i really should.

Valued Contributor

It's going to be 115 or so here and we will be staying in with our fur babies...we stay with them every year and try to calm and comfort them as much as we can. Have a safe July 4th everyone.
Trusted Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ-Sounds like you have a lovely self care day planned for yourself to ease away the tension of your stressful week. I hope you feel refreshed afterward. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ That sounds good to me too!

Honored Contributor

No--am home. I may put something on the grill for dinner is all. Am in an apartment so no fireworks here at least--just booms in the distance. 

Respected Contributor

We'll be home too, if DH had a long weekend we would have gone to the campground but he's only off for the 4th so it's not worth the trouble to load the cats. . . especially with the two new ones. We have a horrible neighbor that sets off big fireworks and scares the heck out of our neighbor's horses and livestock so I'd rather be here with her should she need support.

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Frequent Contributor

Here in the northern part of West Virginia, it’s supposed to be stormy. Just a small get-together with family. We ditched the idea of grilling, and my wonderful son-in-law is slo-cooking his pulled pork with his fantastic sauce! Yum! Happy 4th, folks!