Respected Contributor

AS IS Starry Nights Hurricanes

Last Sunday when it was free shipping I took a chance and purchased 2 sets of the AS IS starry night hurricanes, one silver and one gold. I have never purchased anything AS IS. They are $35 and I thought oh well if they are defective or broken no big deal. Well they were delivered this morning that's right Sunday morning. To my delight they arrived in almost perfect condition.The hurricanes are perfect. Only one of the batter packs is a little hard to turn on. I had to jiggle the wire. But that's OK. I now have the black, spruce, pumpkin, gold and silver. I won't be using all of the colors at once so I can just switch out the tricky battery pack for one that works.  

Respected Contributor

Re: AS IS Starry Nights Hurricanes

I'm happy you had good luck with your "as is" purchase. Smiley Wink

I have bought many "as is" purchases, clothes, handbags, etc. and have been very pleased with everything. I have yet to send any "as is" purchase back. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey  Great!  Years ago I bought a Rachael Ray cookware set.  One piece was smashed, I bet it was reshipped knowing it was broken. Whoever sent it back, the return packaging was awful.  I returned the two pieces that were not broken, AND they wanted the smashed piece back.  I hope they have changed their policy on that.  And I got another as is set which was perfect.  I asked if I could just get credit for the one smashed piece and they said no.  I had pictures of the broken piece.  That was odd. Stupid to have to return shattered glass, I'm surprised the post office even accepted it.  (But this was years and years ago)but I double boxed the smashed piece with loads of bubble wrap and only sent the huge broken pieces, not the shards.  

I have purchased several as is items.  The clothing 99% of the time is never out of the original package.  Love as is, but I'm a little leary of getting any glass items.  

Glad your as is hurricane's worked out!  I have never tried her starry hurricane's.  Maybe I should try one.  

Honored Contributor

What a good deal @50Mickey. I love those hurricanes from VPH.