Frequent Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice if Valerie could come up with a remote for microlights?  I have a dozen different things in my house that all have the microlights.  They have either 6 hr timers or stay on until you manually shut them off.  For me, 6 hrs is way too long, especially when it doesn't get dark until later.   I can only enjoy my lighted things for about 3 hrs max and then I have to manually turn off each one and that's a lot when you have 12 lighted items.  Also, I'm afraid that I will damage the dilicate wires since I have to handle them twice to turn on and off each night.  All my lumanira candles are controlled by remote.  I was wishing that maybe microlights could someday have a remote to control them.  What do you all think?

Frequent Contributor

Re: A Remote for Microlights???

I even contacted Valerie and all she said was that so many wanted the 6 hr timers so they made the change from 4 hr to 6 hr.  Some of us have jobs where we have to get to bed early at night and don't want to waste batteries by leaving them on for hours while I'm in bed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mitzywhite  Good suggestion. I see some light strands with remotes on Amazon.  I don't know about their reliability, but you may want to check them out.  I searched for microlight strand with remote.

I have several of Valerie's vases or hurricanes with light strands.  I usually don't continue to use the lights, once the first set of batteries quit.  It becomes a chore to keep up with changing all the batteries because they don't last all that long.

I would probably use mine more if either the strand itself had a dual short and long timer choice, or if they had a remote with timer length choices, such as 2, 4, 6, & 8 hours. That way, the batteries would last me longer because I would operate the lights only 2-4 hours per night.  We also go to bed early, so 6 hours seems like a big waste around our home most of the year.

Frequent Contributor

I just looked on Amazon and what I saw the strands were like 16 ft or greater; a bit long for the pillar candle holders or vases.  I imagine those would really light things up. 

Valued Contributor

I have microlights with remotes. I bought them on eBay. I don’t use them, because I like the timer. Also, Luminara sells H217404 which is a swag with candle and microlights, and the microlights work with the Luminara remote.

Frequent Contributor

That would be nice if Luminara would sell the micro lights by themselves, but they just come with the candle and swag.

I thought maybe more people would be interested in having micro lights with a remote.  I guess everybody likes leaving them on for 6 hrs and wasting batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mitzywhite - What items are you using microlights in? Could you switch to flameless candles or puck lights or another light source with a timer that meets your needs and/or has a remote control? I'm not a fan of the little points of light provided by microlights and prefer the more substantial glow provided by a single, stronger light source, so I've swapped in small flameless candles and puck lights in many of my candle holders and hurricanes. You can find several options at that rainforest retailer whose name starts with A at pretty good prices.

(And FWIW, I am one of the people who likes having a longer timer to enjoy my illuminated items, so that definitely isn't a "waste of batteries" for me.)

Esteemed Contributor

@mitzywhite, You might be interested in the Bethlehem Lights upcoming TSV light strands.  They have a 4 hr timer on the box, and a remote with 3 hrs, plus longer options.  H218911

Super Contributor

@mitzywhite wrote:

I just looked on Amazon and what I saw the strands were like 16 ft or greater; a bit long for the pillar candle holders or vases.  I imagine those would really light things up. 

This is going to sound crazy, but most micro LED seed lights can be cut to the length that you need. They have sold the same ones on HSN for years in the vendor has always cut them. 

Frequent Contributor

I did order some on Amazon with the remote and they are great!  Makes turning them on and off so easy when I want them to!  The only thing, the ones I ordered use the CR2032 batteries.  I have found that those never last very long but I did order extras of those batteries as well.

I did notice today that one of the TSV is the Bethlehem Lights with remote:  https://www.qvc.com/Bethlehem-Lights-Set-of-4-IndoorOutdoor-10-Fairy-Lights-%26-Remote.product.H2189...

These use AA batteries and I ordered some of them as well.