Honored Contributor

Re: Update on $30,000 Damaged Bag Saga

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This is disgusting . Take better care of your fancy handbag, or leave it at home . I'm sorry it was ruined , but stuff happens. The country club throwing the server under the bus is despicable. 

@QVCkitty1 

Sorry, but I don't think she did anything wrong here ..... and the CC has insurance.  If she had a $30k car that was totaled by a Valet, does it make sense to pursue the Valet?   Yes, stuff happens, but that's what insurance is for!

Honored Contributor

So I googled her name, Maryana Beyder. She's among other things, a real estate agent.  Very young and pretty.  Her real estate company fb page is getting a lot of bad publicity.

There's also a story about her and Sandra Bernhard (have no idea who she is) going back on forth on twitter about a Hermes bag and an airplane seat.  Not sure what went on there.

But Mrs. Beyder also sells high end fashion items on Poshmark from her private collection/her closet.

I should think the CC would have insurance on this type of incident.  

Where does it say that the waiter seemed to do this deliberately?  That's what I really want to know!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This is disgusting . Take better care of your fancy handbag, or leave it at home . I'm sorry it was ruined , but stuff happens. The country club throwing the server under the bus is despicable. 

@QVCkitty1 

Sorry, but I don't think she did anything wrong here ..... and the CC has insurance.  If she had a $30k car that was totaled by a Valet, does it make sense to pursue the Valet?   Yes, stuff happens, but that's what insurance is for!

To me it's a bad optic, rich lady going after a server, we just have a difference of opinion.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb, agree wholeheartedly! The CC (their insurance carrier) should be responsible for the depreciated amount of the handbag's value, certainly not the server who is an employee of said CC. Agreed she absolutely should be made whole and that she is entitled to carry her handbag, expensive or not, where and when she chooses. This is a great example of why businesses carry insurance coverage.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

To me it's a bad optic, rich lady going after a server, we just have a difference of opinion.

To me, it's an even worse 'optic' for the ritzy country club that costs a small fortune to join and another small fortune for yearly dues to be trying to scape goat their waiter while dragging their feet in reaching some sort of reasonable deal with their patron, whose property was damaged on their premises...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The CC has already dropped the waiter from their cross-claim in this action.

While it might be in the best interest of this CC to settle this matter (that's usually the case, due to bad publicity), it's simply NOT true that an employer is automatically liable for the actions of an employee... SOLELY by by virtue of being the employer.

An employer IS liable to the extent that EMPLOYERS are the ones whom, according to our court system, should have to foot the bill for the costs(s) of doing business.

And that's the rub. An employee doing something negligent, or outside of his capacity, does not confer liability onto an employer. Of course, we don't know that this was or wasn't done purposely, but "pouring the wine and not stopping," thus getting it all over the woman, her husband--and the purse, certainly isn't performing according to standards. Hence, the plaintiff's complaint about the CC's "hiring practices."

I still think they should settle rather than engage in a protracted lawsuit. And the fact that this is a $30K purse has nothing to do with it.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

@QVCkitty1 

I guess I didn't make myself clear .... I AGREE with you.   The server certainly didn't have  "server's insurance";  if such a thing even exists.  Nor does he have the $$$, I'm guessing.

I think the CC's insurance should cover the claim for damage to a member's personal property ....  regardless of what the property is.   (I guess she was trying to shame the CC into stepping up.  JMO.)

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

@QVCkitty1 

I guess I didn't make myself clear .... I AGREE with you.   The server certainly didn't have  "server's insurance";  if such a thing even exists.  Nor does he have the $$$, I'm guessing.

I think the CC's insurance should cover the claim for damage to a member's personal property ....  regardless of what the property is.   (I guess she was trying to shame the CC into stepping up.  JMO.)

Gotcha !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan