Esteemed Contributor

@momjules 

Wowza!

I have a big walk-in closet and I know I couldn't find room for that many handbags!

After carrying a large bag for many years, I switched over to the D&B Ruby model....or Bitsy.  It is TINY compared to most bags.

When looking through my dust bags this afternoon, I discovered a classic Coach bag (never used) and two Alexandra Da Vinci leather bags (never used).

I hate that they are just taking up space and will rehome them asap.  

Cannot imagine selecting a bag to use from 100+ bags.

I get confused with the few I have.

My favorite bag that I'll never give away is a Brahmin Copa Cabana bag and all the accessories.  I use it in the summer and it's like an old friend!

Enjoy your collection.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Sunshine Kate 

Mine are not worth anything near that.

I got the "cheap" models Cat LOL

That was just an example.  Nothing wrong with the cheap models as you can trade those in also. 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@momjules 

Wowza!

I have a big walk-in closet and I know I couldn't find room for that many handbags!

After carrying a large bag for many years, I switched over to the D&B Ruby model....or Bitsy.  It is TINY compared to most bags.

When looking through my dust bags this afternoon, I discovered a classic Coach bag (never used) and two Alexandra Da Vinci leather bags (never used).

I hate that they are just taking up space and will rehome them asap.  

Cannot imagine selecting a bag to use from 100+ bags.

I get confused with the few I have.

My favorite bag that I'll never give away is a Brahmin Copa Cabana bag and all the accessories.  I use it in the summer and it's like an old friend!

Enjoy your collection.

@Witchy Woman 

I will never give away my Brahmin bags!

Among them, I also have the copper Copa Cabana and use it every summer, more than once I've had someone try to buy it from me, including a Brahmin sales clerk at Dillards, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor
I also have a lot of Dooney and Coach bags to find homes for. Some of them are fairly expensive and were only carried for a week or less. I'm thinking of having a "handbag yard sale" in the spring. I plan to sell them for a very cheap price just to get rid of them!!! Retired now and downsized to Lug crossbodies and love them!
Honored Contributor

@millieshops 

They don't really advertise their replacement program on the website, here is the info:

Trade In Info:
You can send a D&B product in to them for trade-in, any condition, purchased anywhere, at any time, no receipt required, limited to six per year. Once they receive your return you will be issued a letter in a few days to two weeks giving you a credit of up to half the original purchase price of your return.
You must use the credit within 30 days to purchase any new Dooney product of at least twice the price of your credit. One trade-in product per one new purchase. ( Example: if you return one item and receive a credit for $50, your new item purchased must be at least $100.) No other coupons, appreciation cards, etc. applicable to this order.

You can place an order for something that is currently out-of-stock, provided Dooney is expecting more shipments of that product.

You must include a letter with your return stating your name, address, phone number and reason for return (TRADE IN). Send your trade-in items to this address: Dooney & Bourke, Attn: Returns Dept, 1 Regent St., Norwalk, CT 06855.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

Have you heard of D & B trade-in program?  I've traded in about 5 of them over the years and purchased replacements.  For me, it was better than selling. 

If your trade-in handbag has a retail price of $500, they give you half of that in the form of a credit to purchase another D & B product. 

Who's purse was ever $500.00? Not even close. And, anyway - I've switched to Michael Kors.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

@KingstonsMom 

I had not decided on an amount, but I guess it doesn't matter since we don't want to get banned.

Like you, IG, I'm a "giveaway" person, not much of a seller.  I was just thinking I could raise some money for one of the rescues I help. 

Found a lot of the "ants" plaid on Poshmark, most for $50 or less.  Same for the black quilted, which I forgot is nylon, not leather.  There was an identical one in pink, and it was $50.

So, it seems neither bag is worth much.

As to an exchange program, I'd rather give them away, but it certainly makes sense, especially if you want another handbag.

@BrandiDavis 

If you check the I Love Dooney website, they frequently have great sales on their bags -- well under the original costs.

Sure hope you can find your heart's desire if you've always wanted one Cat Happy

my approach is that I would sooner get something rather than the item sitting in my closet making me zero $ and taking up space.  

but everyone is different

Frequent Contributor

Hi!   I have so many bags because I got sick and they made me feel better. I have now moved into a mobile home and really have no room. 
half the time I can't even find what I want.

im slowing down now but I can't even sell because I refuse to give them away for 50 bucks. 
so clutter closet I shall live with for now.

thanks for your response!

happy new year!

Trusted Contributor
@momjules, I used to feel the same way, but then I just decided to declutter and get rid of them! I have 7 bags full of handbags from many different brands and I cringe when I think of the amount of money invested in those bags but at the end of the day, I'll be relieved to just get rid of them and take back some space and also I'm hopeful that some other ladies will enjoy carrying these bags as I once did!! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I ended keeping about 15 of them that I just could not part with, LOL!!! Shoes will be next!!!!😃
Respected Contributor

Our local Womans Club in town has a shop open to the public that sells donated clothing, purses, shoes, etc (womens, mens, and childrens). and all the money goes back to the community schools. I only donate things in very good condition.  I am a retired teacher so I feel good knowing the money stays local and goes directly to the school system I worked for.  I just read this thread and realized I have some Dooney's to donate.  How many bags can you use once you retire.  My lifestyle is very different; I use one handbag a season for the most part.  Time to donate!