Respected Contributor

Re: SO annoyed with myself, have you ever done this before?

I like using a crossbody bag with a built-in “wallet” such as Travelon.  I keep the bag on at all times and just slip cards or money out while at the store. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stuff happens.  I left my entire purse hanging on the back of the door of the ladies room in a restaurant.  Didn't realize this until later during the meal.  I ran back.  Thankfully, and I couldn't really believe it, the purse was still there and all the contents (including wallet, cash and credit cards) were intact.  I felt so stupid but lucky at the same time.  I'll never forget how panicked I felt when I realized what I had done.

Respected Contributor

I use a D&B wristlet so to carry at least as possible for that reason.

Respected Contributor

I miss the Tignanello bags that QVC used to sell that had the "wallet" with card slots in a zippered section on the front of the bag - that really worked for me!  Knowing my ability to be easily distracted and always thinking about what I'm going to do NEXT, I try to be super-mindful at checkout.  So far, I haven't left my wallet.  But, what I HAVE done is left part of my purchase!  Meijer has the bag carousel that the cashier uses to fill the bags, then she pushes it around so that the customer can take it.  A couple of times I have gotten home, only to find that I left a bag behind on the carousel! 

Honored Contributor

I kept leaving my grocery store cards behind on the counter.    I finally put a punch in them.....strung them on a key ring, which I tethered to my purse.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have forgotten a lot of things but thank goodness never my wallet...Brighton makes a group of organizer bags with built in wallets.  I use a black leather one in the winter.  Have been thinking of getting a straw one for summer but I like what I'm using now (which means that I need a wallet).

Respected Contributor

I think that most of us have left something important or valuable somewhere.  There are so many distractions and so much noise and chaos and so many things to keep track of these days.  It's almost inevitable that something will happen.

When I take a credit card of cash out of my wallet,  I always put the wallet back into my handbag..... but open and standing up.   I never put the wallet on a counter or other surface.   My hope is that I'll notice the wallet is open and in the way (so I can't close the handbag easily).  And that way,  I'll remember that my credit card or drivers licence, or what ever,  has to be put back before I move on.   It's not a perfect solution,  but it's a visual reminder for me.    Sometimes I think if our heads weren't attached we would leave them in a grocery store.

Esteemed Contributor

It's time to get a new system.  I would try a small lug bag style that has all the card slots in the outside pocket (or where ever) . This eliminates your wallet being left behind.I've seen crossbody wallet plus styles that hold cards, keys and glasses so I've been thinking about that style. Give yourself a break and try a new option.  

Honored Contributor

I have my own “system.” I always wear jeans or shorts with pockets. I take the credit card out of my wallet before l get to the cashier, and put it into my pocket. The wallet goes right back into my handbag.

When it’s time to pay, l take the card out of my pocket, insert it into the card reader, then it goes back into my pocket. I then put the card back in my wallet at my leisure. This process works for me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I dont carry anything into the store, put my CC & cash in my pocket, and put keys on my wrist or in my other pocket.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)