Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@MorningLover

I took a picture of my nude snake foldover beside the peach python pouch.  Sorry for the glare.Woman Embarassed  Also, decided to show the nude snake, blue cobra and peach python together just for kicks.Woman Wink

IMG_0697 - Copy.jpgIMG_0698 - Copy.jpg

Thanks for posting photos! I love seeing them "in real life"! @IlliniGirl88

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@1Professor wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

GILI ROMA 4 TOTE............

I couldn't pull up Nude Snake and Sand photo.

Blue Ostrich              

G.I.L.I. Leather Roma 4 Tote. Contemporary Handbag. Features

double straps, removable/adjustable shoulder strap, four bottom

feet, top snap closure. Interior features back-wall zip pocket, 2

front-wall slip pockets. Features shiny goldtone hardware &

signature G.I.L.I solid lining. Body & Trim:100%Genuine Leather;

Measures approx.: 19"Wx12"Hx6"D. Handle drop=7"; SD=16"-18".

Weight approx.:2lbs. 6ozs.

@MorningLover:  Thanks. Bag still looks sad to me. However the blue ostrich is fascinating and different from any other I've seen! Hmmmmm . . .

Agree @1Professor... It's the only choice in which I might have been interested, but as you note, still a tad sad and well, no... I think not... And while I realize my thoughts aren't particularly appreciated by some... I'll just have to pick up the pieces and go on when I say It might be nice to continue offering so many exotics if they offered equally as many solids and/or other options... But as is, well, nope again... too much of the same old song... and camo is never an option for me... I'd also have preferred the previous larger round ring connectors for the straps, as this new design just looks so meager, and really, adds nothing to the overall look of the bag. It'll still be at least marginally interesting to see it presented, but this one is yet another easy pass for me, as the brand appears to continue to deteriorate at the same time the prices remain a bit on the rich side...

@stevieb: They changed things for the worse, including the hardware (using the problematic-many-pieces hardware from the Milano versus the simple reliable o-rings). Description says "snap" closing? Not magnetic?

@1Professor This is pretty disappointing all around... I was hoping they would just re-up a reasonable facsimile of the Roma we all know and love, but I guess not... Aside from the problems, I don't think the new hardware flatters the bag. Somewhere in one of the many pictures posted, I seem to remember seeing a black ostrich Roma-esque tote with round rings and was so hoping we would see something along those lines. Sadly, that must've been an older bag (though I don't remember a Roma in black ostrich and it definitely was not the hobo...) or another prototype that was too good to make the QVC cut. It appears that they really cut production costs on this one to the bone and threw out both the value and style in the process.

The way it sits makes it look frumpy. @stevieb@1Professor  Quality is deteriorating IMHO.Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@stevieb

Plus this is a LARGE bag (19"), which will strain the problematic hardware when loaded.  What were they thinking?

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@stevieb

Plus this is a LARGE bag (19"), which will strain the problematic hardware when loaded.  What were they thinking?

I don't think they were thinking @1Professor... Hence, the problem... 

That size is just weird... too big to be a la the Roma 2 and not quite up to the shape/scale of the big Roma... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

{sigh} The Roma 4 still looks sad to me. Frumpy. A huge bag (19") with fragile small hardware and strange tassle-thingy. Compare to the amazing Roma 2, with its luxe tassle and solid o-ring hardware:

original-1.jpeg

original.jpeg

Screen Shot 2016-03-18 at 2.48.19 AM.png

Honored Contributor

I said it before, I'll say it again; QVC is banking on the love of the OLD ROMA 2 for selling these bags.

This bag is a mess. I love big bags but the sizing is wrong of the hardware and the tassel and it's those things that often MAKE the bag. This looks like a gym bag; it really does. The size of it plus the weight when you add stuff; do you think 1 snap is going to work? Why didn't they do a zipper (ala LV Speedy?). WHY didn't they add an inside piece to pull the bag in ala ROMA 2?

Why? Because they wanted to save money. So, QVC went cheaper and the bag looks it. But the cost is NOT cheap.

I have no problem dropping money on a bag. But the bag MUST be worth it. This is a TJ Maxx bag for $45 and not a penny more.

If they EVER bring back the fold-over, I'll buy one but for now, they've lost this GILI customer. They're really gonna have to wow me going forward to bring me back.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam @Ilovelife123 @1Professor @culebra @ morning lover @Chi-town girl and anyone else interested:

Question and thought concerning using the shoulder strap on Roma 4:  Since there is no interior clip to pull sides inward, when using the shoulder strap, isn't it just going to be a really wide bag?  My thinking is there'd be no way to keep the sides pulled in at all unless you carry the bag by the handles only.  What do you think?  Also, I can't find a picture of Jill carrying the Blue Cobra Roma 4 (picture where she's holding the lottery ticket), but is she always pictured holding the bag and not using the shoulder strap?  Wondering what the bag looks like being used with the shoulder strap.

Honored Contributor

Like I said @1Professor, even keeping the same name is an assault on Romas everywhere....

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

The more I look at this bag, the less I understand it. I also watched the infamous "wallet video" and Jill has this bag, and the sides are pulled in. HOW? I'm a fan of large roma, it works for my life, but I understand it was/is FAR too big for some people. I think it's okay that we all have different taste(s), and I learn from those who don't like what I like.

I think, the MAJORITY HERE, feel very confused by this bag. I know I do. It's a hot mess. The O rings are gone for the handles, the tassel is different, and the inner cinch is gone? Now, I could have probably made due with the first 2, buying "as is" or clearance, but the inner cinch? How expensive could that have been? What an EPIC failure to leave that  option off the bag. Nobody forced you to use the cinch, but it was an OPTION? 

The foldover, should they ever bring it back, makes much more sense to me. I guess I was able to accpet the hardware and tassel on the foldover because my mind wasn't hearing the word "roma"; when I saw roma 4, it didn't add up. I will say, the foldover is a great, large bag and I love the zipper. I may try the navy ostrich, I will need to see it presented. I can't imagine how this bag will look without a cinch? Like the medium roma (if you strickly use the measurements/dimensions) but medium roma had the appropriate tassel and round (larger) hardware, so it was more attractive. I need to see this bag. It's not adding up. Did they put the cinch in Jill's bag for the wallet video? Was that bag a totally different bag? I'm lost...

Trusted Contributor

Okay, Jill is holding the bag (most likely empty) by the shoulder straps in the wallet video... If she held it by the shoulder strap only, that thing would become a parachute. This bag (in exotics) will wear horriblly (think cream snake handles) because MOST will prefer the look of the bag being held by shoulder straps. I think THE ONLY SAFE choices in this bag (knowing this) is the navy ostrich or camo. I wish (like others) we'd had more solid choices in this bag WITH an inner cinch. Sigh.