Respected Contributor

Re: Prices of Handbags

[ Edited ]

I own two Dooney’s.  One from years and years ago.  Still looks brand new.  Hobo that was TSVs every year.  One zip zip under $100. Most of my other bags are from Macy’s.  MK, Nine West.  Lots under $50 or $60.

I know my leather jacket in the 70’s was so nice for under $100.  Have no idea what they run now.  Bought an ABSOLUTELY beautiful mens leather coat at a goodwill near us last fall for my guy.  It looked brand new it was $18.  It’s a fabulous coat.  

Honored Contributor

@haddon9    I was smart and bought four of them on clearance the Spring of the last year QVC carried them.  I've really enjoyed wearing them, especially the bright yellow one.  It sure brightens up a gloomy winter day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Valerie mentioned her pumpkins made in India.  It might have been just the decorative ones she was showing on air at the time.

I'm sure she only mentioned those pumpkins being made in India because the VAST majority of the items with her name on them also come from CHINA.

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

As far as I've seen, the map print is one of Patricia Nash' most popular.  It seems to sell out often and I've seen it in department stores as well,

Not my favorite, but I've seen them out in public too. 

I agree @Tori3569 

I have seen a few also both in restaurants with guests and in high end department stores.

NO maps for me though....I'd rather have one of her vintage looks or bags with floral.

Honored Contributor

I have kind of left the designer handbags.  I have found small business online in the US that makes beautiful leather bags.  They even donate to charities.  I am on a few FB communities for different brand handbags made in the US that share what they purchased.  I have ordered a few and have been extremely happy with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

I collected vintage Dooneys for years. I have about a dozen that are stamped "Made in USA". Many have the hanging brass duck.  I believe all are from the 80's & early 90's and still look like new.

Honored Contributor

@barrel racer  - I own Dooneys because of the quality.  They look good and last forever.  

Respected Contributor

I love Dooney bags too!  I am still using the Dooney wallet I bought in the late 90's!

I love Dooney dot com has great prices!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward