Frequent Contributor

I can't believe the prices of some of the brands of handbags.  Patricia Nash and Dooney and Burke just to name a couple are made in China. I wonder just how much it actually cost to make these bags in China.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Prices of Handbags

[ Edited ]

It makes me laugh when someone finds a designer bag at a thrift store and wants to know "is it real or a knock off". 

They are all more than likely made in the same factory. The only difference between the real and the knock off is who is selling it. 

Esteemed Contributor

They could also be bags made for the brands outlet stores.  They are of lesser quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices of Handbags

[ Edited ]

@Blackcatmom wrote:

I can't believe the prices of some of the brands of handbags.  Patricia Nash and Dooney and Burke just to name a couple are made in China. I wonder just how much it actually cost to make these bags in China.

All leather bags have ALWAYS been pricey.

Doesn't matter country of origin, all leather is just that.

Coach, Michael Kors, and even many other designer bags are also made in China.

No denying both of those lines are of a higher cost also.

Trusted Contributor

It's really hard to find anything not made in China.

Honored Contributor

China makes some fine products.  I much prefer garments made there to the USA made stuff we used to get where the buttons fell off and seams pulled out the first time worn.  Have you priced leather lately?  Noticed that QVC  no longer sells leather jackets?   It's because the price would be beyond what the average buyer will pay.  Actually the price of leather bags has remained about the same.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Valerie mentioned her pumpkins made in India.  It might have been just the decorative ones she was showing on air at the time.

Honored Contributor

I didn't even care for the Patricia Nash bags that Jayne presented today - the ones with maps printed on them.  If you're going to make a nice leather bag, why ruin it with all that printing.  Yet, Jayne gushed about it, of course.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

China makes some fine products.  I much prefer garments made there to the USA made stuff we used to get where the buttons fell off and seams pulled out the first time worn.  Have you priced leather lately?  Noticed that QVC  no longer sells leather jackets?   It's because the price would be beyond what the average buyer will pay.  Actually the price of leather bags has remained about the same.

@Kachina624  Yes!  I noticed that all "leather" jackets shown here lately are faux.  I'm interested in getting a new leather jacket this fall and will have to shop around.

Trusted Contributor

As far as I've seen, the map print is one of Patricia Nash' most popular.  It seems to sell out often and I've seen it in department stores as well,

Not my favorite, but I've seen them out in public too.