Honored Contributor

Re: MZ Wallace: prepare to be dazzled

@hicindy2 Thanks for the update. I just returned home from Von Maur and "felt" the Magnet Leopard Medium Metro Tote. I agree with you and Mr. HC that the fabric is different. It's stiffer and rougher than the previous Medium Metro Totes which were nearby on display. I'm sure the security cameras were like, what's with that girl who is feeling all of the MZW totes? LOL. It's not a huge difference, but it is different. I like the soft, comfortable original oxford totes and am not inclined to buy this Magnet Leopard version. For grey, I'm good with the Star Print Medium Metro Tote, which I just love. Heart

Image result for MZ Wallace star print

Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily   Thank you for conducting some outside research. Heart  I was feeling my brown leopard bag and the magnet leopard bag and there is a difference in texture. 

I was going to blindfold Mr. HC to test them both, but he just shook his head over my "scientific" experiment. He just said it was obvious to him no matter what the chat line said.

I have the Star print small Sutton and love it. 

Sometimes I feel a little nutty obssessing over details.  But they matter to me !!

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Those details matter to me as well! Geez!! Woman Frustrated

Despite having other handbag brands, I reach for MZW when it's time to change out my bag. I LOVE what I have, and I am thankful for my collection.

Still working on a future gift for my sister...something in Black Bedford.

And maybe another metro tote...medium or large...probably from an existing color and nothing new if they are changing the fabric to stiffer and rougher. I love how cozy those metro totes are!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   I know you have sampled a few styles in the MZW wallet selection.  Which is your favorite ?? Heading in that direction with my b'day $$ code,  Helena ? Mae? 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily   I know you have sampled a few styles in the MZW wallet selection.  Which is your favorite ?? Heading in that direction with my b'day $$ code,  Helena ? Mae? 

@hicindy2 LOL, yes, a few...Woman Wink

My very favorite is still the Helena wallet with its vast number of card slots and dollar and other longer slots + the back slot for drugstore coupons. Favorite Helenas are in Black Bedford, Dawn Bedford and Tulum. Super lightweight, too. The Dragon Fruit had a bumpy leather interior intentionally like the bumpy Dragon Fruit but I didn't like it and sold it.

Second favorite is the Ginger wallet because it packs a lot inside in a small silhouette and it's lightweight. Ginger also has slots behind the credit card areas and I can get all of my cards inside. Ginger is especially good for smaller bags like Paige.

Mae was not a favorite. I felt like my cards were falling out when I opened the wallet. Same, I think (never had it), with Ingrid because it opens like Mae.

The new Crosby zip around wallets are nice, too. Secure. But I am not wild about the MZ WALLACE in caps on the front of the wallets.

Helena and Ginger are more stealth. Woman Wink

Right now I'm carrying the Small Tribeca wallet in Ivy Logo Jacquard in my Sable Paige and I like the silhouette but those leather tassels are driving me crazy trying to keep them straight when I put the wallet back into my Paige. Woman LOL

Image result for MZ Wallace Small Tribeca wallet

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   Thanks for the thoughtful reply.  Really helps !!!

P.S. Maybe they will have a holiday sale.  Dazzle has been pulled from their website. 

Larrimor's has the small Sutton remaining

MZ Wallace Small Sutton in Dazzle Oxford

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 Apple Paige and Small Sutton are also missing! 

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 That's a shame that the fabric has changed even on the quilted items.  Makes me feel better about being on a bag ban!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roni18 wrote:

@EdithEllenLily @hicindy2 That's a shame that the fabric has changed even on the quilted items.  Makes me feel better about being on a bag ban!!

@Roni18   EVERYTHING has changed as far as I am concerned.  I am hoping for some of the ghosts or bat charms from yesteryear to use my birthday dollars on. 

Charms 2

Otherwise, a wallet.  So disappointed in the direction that they went in. 

Frequent Contributor

I usually just read quietly but wanted to jump in when others talked about changes. The most obvious chamge (to me) is the nylon straps. They are very stiff, colors are not saturated and have a purple hue. I usually only purchase dawn or magnet colors and then black. Both dawn and magnet nylon straps have a very obvious purple tone to them I asked on the Official MZW FB page about this amd I was told  they have not changed. However, several people agreed with the differences in the straps.I even poisted a side by side of an older magnet and dawn strap with the new ones and was told, nope everything is the same. 

Anyway, I am pretty unhappy with this because I am a crossbody carry 95% of the timne and love their nylon straps. Boo hoo.