Respected Contributor

I've purchased one of each.  Returned the IHKWIP because the hardware seemed to make the bag heavier than I wanted and too gaudy.  I haven't used my lug yet......got it on a lug live presentation - drastic markdown. 

I'm still carrying my kipling.  

I can definitely do without the built in wallets.  When I travel overseas I try to go spring or fall so I can wear my raincoat with large deep pockets inside and out and I make me a credit card size rfid holder using tin foil and colorful duck tape.  It's so small a pickpocketer would miss it.  I use wallets here  but I'd rather just move the wallet to the new purse and not deal with the cards like that.

Esteemed Contributor

IHKWIP.  Just ordered my 6th bag yesterday.  Better quality materials & hardware.  The handles frayed & sewing came undone on my only LUG bag.  I never pay full price on my IHKWIP bags, normally half of what q charges.  I often get asked where I got my bag.  I just ordered a bag that's not the military olive.

Honored Contributor

I like Lug handbags much better than IHKWIP.  The Lug bags are more personable,  and I adore the different linings. IHKWIP seem more utility like to me. No feminine touches at all. 

I definitely like the built in wallets. 

Contributor

I have had probably over 50 LUG bags over the years, and in the four years IHKWIP has been at QVC, I currently have over 30 crossbodies not including some that I gave to friends.  For years LUG was tone deaf and not listening to their customers who wanted solid colors instead of all prints.  Then, IHKWIP came on the scene and made exclusively solid colors in high end nylon, and took off running with their extremely reasonably-priced bags, great organization and more current but timeless fashion-forward utilitarian style bags. In the meantime, LUG finally got their act together because of the competition from IHKWIP, and answered the customers' demands for solid colors.  During that time, I and many others switched to IHKWIP and never went back to LUG.

I gave most of my LUG bag away because they no longer suited my style .  I wanted the utilitarian style bag, with beautiful nylon and great organization, and IHKWIP fit the bill in every respect.  I also sold 95% of my leather bas because they were heavy, stiff, and lacked the organization that IHKWIP offered, and the leather bags I kept I rarely use.   

IHKWIP has remained true to their customers by reading reviews, making changes that women want such as adding top handles, going live weekly to interact with their customers, coming out with new colors while selling their more popular colored bags, and it doesn't break the bank to purchase IHKWIP bags because of their one-time only, TSV, and other discounted offerings on their site and at QVC.   When I wear IHKWIP bags, it feels like I'm wearing a high-end bag because I am, except for a high-end price!  In summary and in my opinion, IHKWIP took the lead over LUG, but there's plenty of room for both brands.  Congrats to two excellent small companies who took over the market by determining what women wanted and then answering their calls for quality products at affordable prices!  

Honored Contributor

I don't have either.  I've watched the presentations for both. 

I prefer my Kipling.  It's a *must have* for when I travel by air.

I can wear it around my waist with my seatbelt and the flight attendants don't insisit I store it above.  

No way am I putting my handbag or anything containing my Visa, credit cards or cash in the overhead bins.

My Kipling allows me to carry my full sized wallet and lots of wipes (we're traveling!), lip balm and a few extras.

But it's only three zippered compartments.  It's amazing what I can get in there.  And it stays with me the entire time I'm flying.

Mine aren't made of leather, which is of utmost importance to me.  I can wipe them down with a sanitizer wipe or soap and water.  Have done it dozens of times and there's no wear, no crackling or crazing. Wipes clean. 

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother - I now prefer IHKWIP.

I used to be a "Lug Nut," but stopped buying them mainly for two reasons.

I bought one item thinking I would get others in the same color. More than once they discontinued the color. And it wasn't a year apart; it was a few months apart. 

The other reason is they changed their logo from a small one that matched the bag to the larger metal-looking one. I ordered a wallet and the logo was too large for the front of it.

By this time I was reading good things about IHKWIP. I ordered two bags and was impressed with the quality. I bought a larger bag to use for a "waterproof" case for my books, papers, and iPad. I intended to use it only for rainy days, but I got compliments and decided to keep using it! I keep adding to my IHKWIP collection! I hope they don't change their logo style! 

I don't use the built-in wallet feature on any bags, unless I'm going to a craft fair or something like that. I'm happy with the RFID wallet I have. I need two ID pockets, and my wallet has that.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@fairydogmother - I now prefer IHKWIP.

I used to be a "Lug Nut," but stopped buying them mainly for two reasons.

I bought one item thinking I would get others in the same color. More than once they discontinued the color. And it wasn't a year apart; it was a few months apart. 

The other reason is they changed their logo from a small one that matched the bag to the larger metal-looking one. I ordered a wallet and the logo was too large for the front of it.

By this time I was reading good things about IHKWIP. I ordered two bags and was impressed with the quality. I bought a larger bag to use for a "waterproof" case for my books, papers, and iPad. I intended to use it only for rainy days, but I got compliments and decided to keep using it! I keep adding to my IHKWIP collection! I hope they don't change their logo style! 

I don't use the built-in wallet feature on any bags, unless I'm going to a craft fair or something like that. I'm happy with the RFID wallet I have. I need two ID pockets, and my wallet has that.  Smiley Happy

I love the IHKWIP bags. I use the wallet inside the bag. It is easy access and I don't have to carry a separate wallet. I just ordered my second bag, it was the Big Deal. I used to like Kipling but they changed the material and it feels cheap.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I haven't bought either but there is an Equip (can't be bothered to look up the ridiculous spelling) that is very similar to a Shorty Love bag I have been eyeing.

I'm not likely to make a Lug purchase because their over-organization would make me batty.

Agree, that moniker is moronic. 

Had I to choose between the two brands, I'd choose, well, neither.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

BAGGALLINI® for me!!!

I like Baggallini also and have many.  However, the quality has gone downhill, price is now more than they are worth.

Sad, imo.