Respected Contributor

I have noticed on several LUG bags, insprirational messages.  Personally, I do NOT like them on clothing of any kind.  IMO it cheapens the item and makes it something to be tired of quickly.  I own one LUG bag and if messages start appearing on items, I will not be purchasing more.  Too bad because I almost bought the TSV until they opened the flap.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Inspirational messages...

@bargainsgirl

I don’t like the ones that are all over the front. The TSV doesn’t bother me because it is hidden. I ordered the gold and because the message is in silver it’s not easily seen. I am also guessing because it is not embroidered it could be removed if one were careful. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like them either.  They seem very adolescent and not something a mature woman wants to carry.  I automatically delete any item with writing from my personal data bank.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think there's a wide variety ... choose the ones without the messages if you don't like them.  I really don't think they will put messages on ALL the bags.  And really I only see a couple of them.  The majority of the Lug bags are without them.

Occasional Contributor

I don't see anything cheap or imature with a small Inspirational message like the Lug TSV and the matching wallet.. You don't see the message until you open the flap and take the wallet out of the bag.I would much rather wear a bag that has a small Inspirational message than a bag that has the designers name covering front,back and sides of the bag. By the way I am in my 70's and I ordered the bag and matching wallet.

Contributor

I totally agree with you. Nothing worse than some silly designer name that is just there to say "Look at what I can afford".  I have never cared for that type of thing.  I am just the opposite. Grew up in a well known classy suburb and spent a lifetime denying it. LOL.  It's kind of funny really.  I am in my early 60s and remember insisting that my parents let us out of the car a few blocks from school so my friends wouldn't see my Dad's car.  

I also love the inspirational t-shirts, just received Smiley Frustratedmile" from Anybody yesterday and I adore my "I believe in chocolate" one. LOL.  

Honored Contributor

I toyed with the TSV yesterday, but two things turned me off.  One was the inspirational message (which just seemed a bit tacky to me), and the other was the bottle carrier on the side of the bag.  I don't regularly carry a water bottle with, so I'd have rather the side of the bag just plain like the other side.  Beyond that, I do like Lug products, and I adore the Lugs lady, she's absolutely darling, IMHO.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of inspirational messages on handbags or clothing. I would not buy a Lug bag because they aren't my style - too utilitarian. I prefer something more streamlined and polished looking. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like them either. I also didn't like the recently offered tee shirts, nor am I at all a fan of the current trend of signs hanging all over the place with mini-homilies on them.... I don't necessarily like designer names scrawled across a bag either... but when it's there one need not flaunt it or any other trapping of cost or theoretically of 'success'. On the other hand, the ability to afford a few of the nicer things in life is nothing to be ashamed of either...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't like them at all.  Also didn't like the "picture windows" on the TSV bags.  Kind of screams "grandma bag" to me.