Respected Contributor

If NOT Dooney, What Handbag Are You Now Loving?

I have been a D & B lover forever!!!!  I have so many nice D & B handbags and excellent quality. 

If I order a new Dooney nowadays, it takes multiple orders to receive a high quality Dooney, if at all.  I find something wrong with all of them.  Mostly the D & B logo can't even be applied straight on the front of the bag.    

I'm looking for a replacement brand since I'm done with D & B.

What is your favorite quality handbag being made today?

TIA  

Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: If NOT Dooney, What Handbag Are You Now Loving?

I've never noticed a problem with any of my Dooney bags, but I do hate that they've started making crossbody straps so narrow.

I don't believe we have the same criteria for bags we love, but right now I'm loving the Lug Hopper. I bought it thinking I would use it mostly for outdoor events and festivals, but after using it for an event last weekend, I didn't switch back to the Dooney  Ginger bag I'd been carrying. It carries all my essentials and keeps me better organized than the Dooney did, which  is nice. It's a great utility bag.

Super Contributor

My addiciton has crossed over to Oryany!  I love the leather, the unique styles and the attention to trim detail and hardware....

Honored Contributor

I've been on a Coach kick but I'm looking to branch out.  Pacman and Mickey Mouse are just not my thing.   

Honored Contributor

I also moved to Oryany, I appreciate the fact that they have organization. Too many Dooney bags don't. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

Last winter, I bought a quilted fabric Vera Bradley in black. It's the bowler bag. I love it!! 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

I'm on a Brahmin kick.  Specifically the Medium Asher or Medium Arno styles.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Canoe.

untitled.png

Honored Contributor

I'm an equal opportunity handbag buyer, whatever  bag strikes my fancy. My latest is a crossbody bag from Sundance. It's kind of a taupe suede trimmed in black leather. It has outside pockets, which have become a must for me. Another nice thing, for me anyway, is that it is made in Italy, not China.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm not really a handbag girl and would NEVER, in a million years, spend hundreds of $ on a purse. Not a fan of D & B, but........... I did finally find the bag of my dreams at Macys a few weeks ago.It is a Fossil bag and this thing is the softest leather and has a ton of space and is so comfy to wear crossbody. And best of all---the price dropped from $188 down to only $78 after all the sales and reward cards. The color is great, the strap is wide enough not to dig into my shoulder and I can carry an ipad mini easily if needed. And the best of all, it molds around my hip/ tush when worn long, crossbody. The hardware it large and easy and smooth to use. Will have this for years!!IMG_0302.JPG