Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I bought a new Dooney yesterday. 😃

@Bird mama , now that one is a beauty!

I try not to buy any more expensive bags.  My go to is sport sling bag and I rarely use anything else.  I did a huge purge of quality handbags that I just didn't use so I try not to go there anymore!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure.   Some from my earlier work days are stored somewhere.   Some of the more recent ones (never used) are ready to be re-gifted at birthdays and the upcoming holidays.   I just gave my DIL the pink Beacon satchel like @Bird mama 's brown one for her birthday.

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac old heavy full of metal............may I ask how you got rid of those older styles?  Donated?    I have a couple and each time I look at them - too heavy. - paid upward of $300.   Still kicking myself.

Live and Learn

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan   Let's just say I've purchased more Dooney's than I needed or should have bought. Unfortunately, most are now asleep in their dust bags since my older shoulders can't support the huge, heavy leather hobos of my youth.

Oh well, enjoy your bag. Love the color and the longer strap that could be crossbody. I'm now leaning towards smaller nylon cross bodies. My back thanks me at night. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@mspatmac old heavy full of metal............may I ask how you got rid of those older styles?  Donated?    I have a couple and each time I look at them - too heavy. - paid upward of $300.   Still kicking myself.

Live and Learn

@fthunt  before the shutdown gave some to DD for garage sale and donated to Goodwill

Honored Contributor

Didn't want another heavy bag.  I have many Dooney bags and some I just don't like.  They have found a home in their "dust bags" along with my leather Coach bags.

Am hoping to sell them along with my VB bags.  Most of my Vera I use for quick trips or carry on bags.

I decided to use my 20% coupon on The Wayfarer offered on HSN.  I did notice free shipping isn't offered now.  I just wanted a nice light crossbody style.  It's on sale + 20% I thought why not🙂

F9123C04-787E-46BE-B554-9F971955C76E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE my 11 Dooneys. 

6 nylon triple zip and pouchettes - in bright colors - crossbody

1 small cotton barrel bag - with shoulder strap.

1 leather triple zip - tangerine color - crossbody

1 navy nylon - small satchel - with rolled handles and crossbody

1 small black padded - nylon - crossbody

1 emerald green leather satchel - with rolled handles and crossbody

-----------

A few months ago, I had a travel nurse staying at my house. It was her birthday and I bought her a leather Dooney drawstring bag - medium turquoise with light brown handles/crossbody strap and trim. It was her 1st Dooney and she went bonkers!!!!!!

--------------------------

Now I think I need another Dooney.

YES - they do last forever - and I love the compartments, the comfort of wearing them, the beautiful materials and colors, the hardware - and they make me HAAPPY!!!!

-------------------------------

Wvufan -  I know u will enjoy ur new purse --- it's a good size - and I like the crossbody - handsfree.

Frequent Contributor

Due to some shoulder issues, I had to switch to nylon Dooney's too.  I just can't handle the heavy leather ones anymore.  I did find a beautiful navy nylon hobo at a good sale at Macy's.  I am saving it for fall.  Can't wait!

Honored Contributor

I love my handbags, they make me HAPPY as well.  My first designer love was Dooney and I've some from the 80's, 90's and recently.  I also have Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Balenciaga, Burberry and love them.  And as I've collected I've also sold quite a few on eBay   I've just recently purchased four of those canvas boxes with the see-thru and zipped areas and am going to organize the bags in my closet, get them out of their dust bags and see them again (and they're still protected)!  Yup, they make me happy!  Woman Very Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I love Dooney! A few years ago I splurged on a leather bag. It was about $200+ (I might have got it on sale) and will last forever. I get SO many compliments on it.

One nice thing about it is that some of the stitching is coming loose (I use it a lot) so all I have to do is take it to a shoe repair shop and it looks like new. Love my Dooney. Yes, they're pricey but you really get your money's worth.

Enjoy your new Dooney!