Contributor

It would be so very helpful when the hosts are presenting handbags if they would give the color of the hardware along with the color of the bag.  When there are so many colors offered it is not always visible to tell the color of hardware on each bag.  Please try to give color of hardware along with color of each bag - this would be really helpful!  Hoping this suggestion will be taken into consideration for future bag presentations.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hardware Color on Handbags

I've always heard the hosts say what color the hardware is on their handbag presentations.  Even watching the presentation of the VC bag they tell you the hardware color.   

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I've always heard the hosts say what color the hardware is on their handbag presentations.  Even watching the presentation of the VC bag they tell you the hardware color.   

I agree.  I always hear the hosts mention hardware color particularly when a style comes with different metals based on the bag color.

I'm sure every once in a while that info slips by a host, but for the most part, I think they realize that most people want that iformation and they try to provide it.

Honored Contributor

To my eye, cool color bags like grey should have silver hardware and warm should have gold, but in my world, all bags would be offered with either silver hardware or two-tone. Since I'm a silver only jewelry wearer, gold hardware on a bag is sometimes a "no sale". 

Respected Contributor

It would be great if we could choose the hardware metal color on our handbags,  or at least have some options on certain colors (like black, grey, brown, navy handbags that could come with a choice).   I try to ignore the hardware color on handbags but I know ladies who only buy handbags with a certain hardware color.

My ideal would be for handbags to have a mix of hardware colors.... like 2 tone jewelry.... gold and silver hardware on the same handbag. 

It's easily enough done in a taseful and creative way.  Chains could have both gold and silver links, buckle trim could have mixed color metals, etc.  It might not work on every design,  but it could work on many.  

And then,  like in jewelry,  designers could get creative and add  rose tone or gunmetal colors along with silver or goldtone metal.   Without being overdone,  the hardware could be used as another design element.  (Some handbag designers have  custom hardware to make their collections more unique.  Usually,  this means the hardware is larger and heavier.  It can be visually very pleasing,  but it can add  weight to the handbag).

Randomly mixing gold and silver hardware doesn't please me.  I won't add a strap with sivertone clips to a bag with all goldtone hardware.  The mix needs to look coordinated.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention, I used to care more about coordinating hardware color with my jewelry than I do now.  As long as the hardware color is the most flattering to the bag, I'm good.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I will carry a bag with gold hardware, but I agree with you that the color hardware should complement the bag color. Sometimes I am puzzled at the choices of hardware colors with certain bag colors.

@faeriemoon 

I agree with you. As long as the bag and hardware on it are complementary I’m ok with gold or silver hardware. I don’t worry about matching the hardware on my handbag to my jewelry. I’ve even worn gold & silver jewelry together. Shocking. 😱

Honored Contributor

I prefer bags w/ less obvious hardware & less metal in general...makes the bag lighter.