Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney being phased out at Macy's

The Dooney Alto line offers some beautiful bags, but I don't often pay those prices for a bag and when I do, I tend not to opt for Dooney. I have quite a few Dooney bags and almost never carry any of them. I'd hate to see the brand disappear completely, but they've become so overexposed here that I certainly won't miss them from my local department store. Unless or until they come up with something truly special with better than the usual organization and a tad lighter, I'm not much in the market for a Dooney bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't been to Macy's in a while, but I think I'm going to make a trip to see if I can find a Dooney bargain.  Thanks for the tip @homedecor1!  😊

I was disppointed last year to see some of our nearby Belk stores phased out Coach bags.  I had seen a blue snakeskin bag (Kentucky Wildcat blue!) that had been marked down to $600.  (still more than I wanted to pay) If I had known they were going to phase out Coach, I would've gone back regularly to check for further price reductions.  I'm guessing somebody got a good deal on that one.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

The Dooney Alto line offers some beautiful bags, but I don't often pay those prices for a bag and when I do, I tend not to opt for Dooney. I have quite a few Dooney bags and almost never carry any of them. I'd hate to see the brand disappear completely, but they've become so overexposed here that I certainly won't miss them from my local department store. Unless or until they come up with something truly special with better than the usual organization and a tad lighter, I'm not much in the market for a Dooney bag.

You won't be missing all of the Dooney bags from your department stores.  The high priced ones are everywhere including Nordstrom's. @stevieb

*Call Tyrone*