Honored Contributor

Dooney being phased out at Macy's

I was in our Macy's today and many D&B bags were on clearance table. I had my 20% coupon and clerk said can be used on them. She also said the brand & others are going to be online only in the near future.

I want a new wallet but they weren't on clearance as yet. Going to head to Coach tomorrow as they have 50% off entire store including clearance at outlets. 

Then of course, a stop at Vera 50% +20 entire outlet store. I need a few gifts thinking of beach bag & towels - my family is coming for Christmas this year. Perfect gift for the beach 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney being phased out at Macy's

I don't really shop in brick&mortar stores, rarely anway.  It's clearance season now, so there will be some great bargains.  I at the point in my life where I curate my wardrobe.  I buy specific pieces and specific colors.  So, shopping sales usuallly doesn't work for me.  However, I still have birthdays to buy for and Christmas is only 6 months away.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that will be one less reason to visit Macy's the next time I visit Las Vegas. That is a big mall that store is located in -- the Fashion Show Mall -- so I will skip that department store entirely.

Respected Contributor

I rarely shop at Macy's anymore but I was at Dillard's last month and they were having a sale on select Dooney Bags.  They were 50% off.  I purchased a large Lexington pebble leather tote for $116.00.  The large ostrich leather large zip clutch wristlet wallet was on sale too and I could kick myself for not getting one, 

Honored Contributor

D&B Florentine would enjoy owning. But! Bags to heavy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I was in our Macy's today and many D&B bags were on clearance table. I had my 20% coupon and clerk said can be used on them. She also said the brand & others are going to be online only in the near future.

I want a new wallet but they weren't on clearance as yet. Going to head to Coach tomorrow as they have 50% off entire store including clearance at outlets. 

Then of course, a stop at Vera 50% +20 entire outlet store. I need a few gifts thinking of beach bag & towels - my family is coming for Christmas this year. Perfect gift for the beach 

I just took a look at Macy's website and they have brand new bags from Dooney from their Alto Collection.  If they're phasing out why would these be for sale?

Each of these bags are over $500.00.  One costs $695.00.  Maybe they are phasing out their lower end?

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

D&B Florentine would enjoy owning. But! Bags to heavy. 

I have two D&B bags and I don't like either one of them. They are way to heavy with nothing in them and the leather is also to sitff for me. I have carried both of them thinking the leather would soften up and I would get use to the weight. No it didn't happen. I know a lot of people love their bags and that is great but they are not for me.

Respected Contributor

I like Dooney bags, but they are very heavy.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the look of most D& B bags , can't carry anything that heavy, and I like organization in a purse.Thus they don't interest me at all. I have a weakness for a good purse so not being attracted to this brand has saved me a lot of money. I don't think they are as popular as they used to be.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that I am retired.....I still like them, but they seem to be too heavy to run around in...