Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

At least it's not one of those two toned bags....

I don't care for all of that contrast top stitching.  

(And I'm on a bit of a handbag buying sabbatical...)

@faeriemoon A sabbatical... really?

As well you should be... 

Woman LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@stevieb  I agree with many of your observations. I would be nice to have an outside pocket for sure.  It is a nice size and is a satchel.

I personally feel that if a bag is not black or another neutral color, I won't wear it. 

I love the gray color of this new bag, but I will not wear a gray bag with gold tone hardware.  How I wish it were in gunmetal, or brushed nickel.  I would have to have that bag in gray if that were the case.

I like that this new Dooney bag is of a different style than their other bags, even if it does have the contrasting top stiching.  I have grown very tired of seeing the same Dooney bag styles over and over again.  This one has classic lines, and it looks fresh to my weary eyes.  I might just get it in bordeaux for a twist, and then force myself to wear it, even though it is not black! LOL.

@Jersey Born Agree. Black bags rule! Still, if you order one, hoping you enjoy it... I do like the size and think the biscuit color is appealing but I'm going to be taking a pass on this one...

Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney and Bourke TSV?

[ Edited ]

IR@stevieb wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@stevieb

. I’m a classic equestrian girl. Always have been. (I still ride.) I know what I love, and it’s great that you know what you love.  Luckily, the marketplace has something for everyone! And what seems like a bargain to me may be pricey for others. Lots from which to choose in the wonderfully varied handbag world.

@libbyannE I don't disagree with anything you've said here, but I'm not sure of your point. We're both allowed our perspectives. You stated yours and I stated mine... No harm, no foul... I don't think anyone is trying to 'rain on your parade'. Other posters are simply stating individual opinions... 

@stevieb

Hi there. I agree. Sorry it came out like that. Not exactly what I meant. I was upset about my ill Mother and was  just feeling the need to say that the bag was a silly bit of fun on a tough day. I’m sorry I was not more careful I’m my phrasing.

Honored Contributor

I think I'd go for the bordeaux if I were buying.  The outside pocket no longer matters to me; in fact, I kind of prefer the look without one.

Occasional Contributor

I won't pay $10 for shipping.  The increase shipping prices have really started saving me money!

Honored Contributor

@Chucklesaunt wrote:

I won't pay $10 for shipping.  The increase shipping prices have really started saving me money!

I don't think the $10 shipping is bad for the size and weight of the parcel. HOWEVER, I think ALL TSVs should be shipped for free.  

(And whatever happened to "most items will be shipped for $3 or $5?  That disappeared pretty fast.)

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Neither of the new Dooney & Bourke TSV's interest me...thankfully!

However, I did treat myself to a new bag a couple of weeks ago after I finally finished painting the exterior of our home. I got the A300766 in the charcoal.

It is rare I buy a D&B at the full price...actually only one other time. I'd say 75% of the time I got my D&B bags at the as is price and the rest of the time at a great sale price.

I have been wanting this bag in charcoal for a long time and didn't want any regrets if it sold out. I'm thrilled I got it...love the bag! Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise I Heart your new Dooney in charcoal!! Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi! @stevieb.  Well, I am going to have to resist this one, myself.  I remembered a very lovely satchel that a friend of mine has from Henri Bendel, and I typed in that name and found that all Henri Bendel stores are going to close-- like forever-- in January 2019.  That made me look at their bags, and I ordered a few of them, because I can honestly say that I won't have that chance ever again.  I needed a smaller, formal bag (in black, of course!) and with silvertone hardware and black haircalf (or should that be calf hair?). I also ordered one in the iridescent opal quilted leather with silvertone hardware, and a nicer and slightly larger black bag (with silvertone hardware) with the HB logo embossed into the leather and for more dressy casual days.  I will say that as someone who loves black handbags, almost exclusively, that it is very hard to find anything I truly love that I can wear with a dress that has silver hardware.  Almost every formal black evening bag seems to come in black with gold hardware at the more reasonable price points which are not in the thousands of dollars, and I do not have any need to spring for a Chanel at this stage of my life (although I would love to own one with Ruthenium hardware.) Now I won't have to dread going to formal events or meetings of any sort, stressing about which small black bag to wear with my clothing.

I am officially done with handbag purchasing for the forseeable future, unless my huge Coach Edie 42 in black breaks at the handles or unravels at its seams.  That is my big, black everyday bag.

Honored Contributor

@Jersey Born Well, enjoy your Bendel bags and yep, I know, it's such a loss to handbag fans for Henri to be closing the doors... Another one bites the dust, darn it... Good that you nabbed a few before the chance to do so is a thing of the past...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb.  Thank you for your kind words.  I find it so sad that so many businesses are shutting their doors, like Toys R Us, Sears, Bonefish Grill, Carrabas, and Henri Bendel to name a few.  I drive around, and all I seem to notice are banks, dollar stores, and drugstores.  I keep on joking with my cousin, who visits us every Thanksgiving, that one year in the near future he will have to suffer through days of my home cookin' as so many local restaurants have gone under and continue to go under. He doesn't seem enthused about that prospect at all!

What brick and mortar stores will be left for our childen and grandchildren to explore and to enjoy-- the Amazon website?