Honored Contributor

Re: Done buying Dooney bags, now which line to try?

@EdithEllenLily  Agree...MZ Wallace is so functional and stylish but it also meets my requirement of no cruelty.  Appreciate have such a well made bag that is not leather,

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@this is my nic Perhaps take a look at the Henri Bendel, MZ Wallace and Radley London websites to see if you find styles you like. I was into Dooneys and then Henri Bendel and for the past couple of years my favorite handbag brand is MZ Wallace. If you're interested, you can sign up for MZW emails. They also just came out with several new items. Fun to look! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

My favorite bags of the moment are Patricia Nash and Radley. Some other nice choices for leather handbags, in addition to those already mentioned here, are VInce Camuto, Kate Spade, and The Sak.

Have fun looking!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Recently I have tried Radley and I am very pleased with my bag. I do have to say the Oryany line was a fave of mine, but it seems like they are fading away.  This summer I got some Oryany bags out and used them.  I looked them over carefully and realized how good the quality was and how the materials held up well. I also see many people like Patricia Nash.  I agree; that is a well-made, unique line.  Brahmin and Brighton too.  Many choices.  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

Hobo bags are great (Hobo International). I have the Hero style in the Geranium color and I just love it. 

A new favorite for me is Radley London. Right now I’m carrying one of their larger crossbody bags in the color Claret. I like this bag so much that I bought it in all three colors. It’s large enough that it holds everything but it’s a great weight and I wear it cross body style. If you’ll like the style name so you can look at it let me know and I’ll look it up for you. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@bonnielu

It's been my experience the more expensive bags are made of higher grade materials and, for me, last longer and look good longer than less expensive bags.  Of course, finding a brand like Dooney or any of the other lines mentioned at TJMaxx is a real find!   I do have a budget and a $300- $400 bag is a rare splurge.  I still have Dooney bags that were made in the USA!  

Respected Contributor

Thank you so very much for  your kind responses!  I have seen Brahmin and Michael Kors hand bags and was impressed.  I appreciate hearing from those of you who have those and recommend them.  

Esteemed Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Brahmins are absolutely gorgeous and well-crafted.  Same wonderful attention to detail as Dooneys!

Absolutely love them too.  Also Kate Spade has lovely bags

Valued Contributor

I'm a fan of MZ Wallace.  They are well made and wear well and are not heavy.  I also have a GIGI New York bag that I like a lot.  Also Michael Kors.  And have I mentioned that I have a handbag addiction?

Honored Contributor

Stroll through the handbag section of a big department store.  Check out Ebags  and browse the web until you see a brand that interests you.

Regular Contributor

I like Kate Spade, Brighton, and Coach, and have recently acquired a couple of Radley London that are my new go-tos. 

A lot of great suggestions and I'm going to have to check them out. 

Football is my favorite season.