Esteemed Contributor

Does QVC own the LUG brand? I was surprised to read that in an article on the Retail Dive website as LUG has opened its first bricks and mortar store.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/qvc-owned-lug-opens-first-retail-store/525396/

Honored Contributor

Woman Surprised

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

This is interesting.  I didn't know that either.  I hope it's not true as it is nice to see an independent retailer like Lug.  There are too many gigantic retailers taking over small companies. 

Honored Contributor

I checked Lug's website, it's true.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Copied from link

QVC-owned Lug opens first retail store
Esteemed Contributor

Well cr*p, I love my LUG pieces, but somehow that makes me less willing and excited to buy more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Re: Does QVC own LUG?

[ Edited ]

I don't think QVC owns them outright. I couldn't find anything that said QVC bought them. I found articles that say they are partnered with QVC and a company called J.W. Oliphant & Associates, who work with TV shopping vendors to sell on QVC. It sounds more like a working partnership more than a "we own your brand" relationship. It might be that QVC owns part of the company and not all of it.

Read more here: http://www.jwoliphant.com/blog/ and here: http://www.jwoliphant.com/ABOUT%20US/.

I just checked the list of their other clients and they list Hickory Farms and Harry & David. Those companies are definitely not owned by QVC or J.W. Oliphant & Associates. Harry & David and some of their other clients are owned by 1-800-Flowers. 

Valued Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Well cr*p, I love my LUG pieces, but somehow that makes me less willing and excited to buy more.

I am with you there.

Regular Contributor

Wow, that is disappointing. I do love their bags; they provide the perfect organization, size and price for me!

This is not a positive.

Somehow QVC's involvement never seems to have benefits for the customer.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

Wow, that is disappointing. I do love their bags; they provide the perfect organization, size and price for me!

This is not a positive.

Somehow QVC's involvement never seems to have benefits for the customer.

Plus, the rep is so cute and excited.  I feel good about buying from her since she and her husband went out on a limb to start the company.  If all or more of the profits are just going to QVC, well then that changes things for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead