Honored Contributor

Re: Dames and Legends... What Becomes Us Most...

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  Yes indeed, you have to want to browse to enjoy shopping the TJX stores or, for that matter, most brick and mortar stores... There's nothing like the ease of online shopping, allowing one to simply find what one is seeking and see if a size, color or whatever feature is available... That said, I can't abide scrolling through pages and pages of merchandise on a regular basis, so while I do shop online, depending on the store (as there are some I simply can't deal with, Kohl's being one...) I do occasionally enjoy a good in-person browse...

Woman Wink

@hicindy2  Thanks for posting. Those Dooney plaids are so pretty... I have two Dooney plaids, and while neither is particularly 'Christmassy', one of them is 'close enough'. While, all other things being equal, I'd like to add one of these pretty and festive plaids, I'm not planning on making any handbag purchases for the foreseeable future... I have picked up a couple of bags this season and I didn't need any of them, so it's back on the wagon for me... Darn... Life just isn't fair sometimes...

Woman Frustrated

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrapping up Dooney Days:  

Look at the All Weather Leather Heart

One inside zip pocket. Cell phone pocket. Inside key hook. Lined. Strap drop length 10".
Approximately measures H 10.5" x W 6.25" x L 10.5" and weighs 1lb 13oz.

Interesting nylon option:  Wayfarer Sac in Olive

Very sporty 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2   The Sac was one of the bags that I looked at during Dooney Days.  I don't know why I got stuck on the "Sac" description but it hung me up and I didn't order Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hicindy2  Oh my... Oh my... I do love a bone handbag... That said, don't think the price is 'all that'. ILD is seemingly offering some truly deep discounts... Saw this one and love it, but no, I must be firm in my conviction...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Time grows short and pretty clearly we're a busy lot, so I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas... 

unnamed (1).jpg

Honored Contributor

@stevieb Merry Christmas to you, too! Woman Happy 

You are so right about the busy. Yesterday we went with our friends downtown to see The Messiah performed by the Apollo Chorus of Chicago. It was delightful! 

I have ordered the Miss Read books for my Mom (some for Christmas, some for her birthday next year) and I am wondering which series should she read first: Fairacre or Thrush Green?

Honored Contributor

Image result for Happy Holidays evergreen

to all of the handbag friends!! Woman Very Happy

Image result for Holiday Greetings handbag

Image result for Holiday Greetings handbag

Esteemed Contributor

We are nearly DONE !!  By 12/16. YAY. I treat Christmas like a downhill racing event Heart

Skiing Scaredy Cat - Cranky Cat Collection™ by Cindy Schmidt

Family gathering (check) Gift exchange (check) Girl's Night Out Party (check) Neighborhood Watch Party (check) Church buffet thingy for Mr. HC (check).  All that Fa La La is now over. 

Ready to do almost nothing. 

All that's left is visiting one friend at home that broke her ankle with a gift basket (she wants chocolate and a tea assortment)

and go out to dinner at a nice restaurant sometime during the Big Day. 

You gals have a lovely holiday however you wish to do it. 

Three White Christmas Kitties - Cranky Cat Collection™ by Cindy Schmidt

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@stevieb Merry Christmas to you, too! Woman Happy 

You are so right about the busy. Yesterday we went with our friends downtown to see The Messiah performed by the Apollo Chorus of Chicago. It was delightful! 

I have ordered the Miss Read books for my Mom (some for Christmas, some for her birthday next year) and I am wondering which series should she read first: Fairacre or Thrush Green?

@EdithEllenLily  I really enjoy them both. Both series feature a regular cast of local characters. The Fairacre series focuses on the village school headmistress (Miss Read) and is more of a first person account of village events... Thrush Green is a third person accounting of events in that village, with no 'star' character. I liked going back and forth between them. There is also a conpendium (of two books: The Market Square and the Howards of Caxley) called the Caxley Chronicles that includes a history of two key families throughout the decades in the nearby town of Caxley, which is referenced in both series. This is a must read. It's wonderful. Absolutely enchanting reading. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2 I thought I read that you gifted or donated 35 bags this year? I can't seem to find the post. Wonder if I dreamed it, LOL. That is a lot of handbags and I just wanted to say "Good job!" Woman Happy