Honored Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

I didn't know they had an outlet site @Leeny   I see lots of nice bags at Sundance but whoo $$$$$$$.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Yes, they are spendy. This bag must have been the last one in stock. I went over to Sundance outlet and it's no longer listed anywhere. Just like @stevieb said, she couldn't find it anywhere.either It reminds of a bag I carried back in the 70's to be honest with you. Although, I know this one is made a whole lot better than that one was. God only knows where that one from the 70's went. I have purchased and sold and gave away so many handbags in my life time that if I still had them all I'd have to move out of here as there wouldn't be room to even sit down. 

Honored Contributor

JCP was having a mystery sale and I scored a 50% off coupon.  You know I had to place an order right?  I'm carrying the new purse I bought a couple of weeks ago and it's okay however I got used to multiple compartments over the summer with this multi sac bag.

Buy MULTI SAC Multi Sac Oakland Crisscross Shoulder Bag, One Size , White |  DHgate.com

To that end, JCP put this bag on clearance and I bought it.

It's a satchel in a color they call coral.  In my mind it's darker and more a earth tone brick red but what do I know?  They don't have a front side photo of it in color so I will post the white.

St. John's Bay Bristol Satchel

St. John's Bay Bristol Satchel

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  Your new purse looks like a nice one. You know me, if it looks red, any kind of red I am there. My new bag is more of a brick distressed red and I am enjoying that one right now. Not a lot of organization, but then I am not the most organized these days. It's good to see you here on this thread Woman Happy These past days have been very quiet over here. I guess we have to get use to that until one of us starts a new thread over here being the rest are on the new boards. Hope all is well with you. I hate the way it is getting so dark so early. It's a little after 7 and I feel like it is time to go to bed. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   I'm not a full blooded bag-ette so this thread will fizzle with my puny contributions.  If you feel so inclined, you are welcome to come over to the Bird's Nest thread in the Among Friends forum.  Good group of ladies and no fighting or anything.  

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama  I will take you up on the invite to the Birds Nest Woman Happy I know StevieB said she won't be starting anymore threads for next year so I'll either have to find a different thread on handbags or let it go. I love my handbags, but I don't know if I am the right one to get a thread started and to keep it active.

I've been looking outside of my box lately and visiting some other threads. Some seem very nice and others seem to like to dispute too many things; so I dodge those. I don't want a bunch of bickering and arguing about a bunch of nonsense.

Mr.L and I do enjoy are birds and have done so for many years. In fact it all started about 40 years ago. We feed them all winter, but when spring arrives they have enough food in this area. We concentrate on our hummingbirds then and through the summer. I miss watching them now, but they would freeze to death around here.

I also have found the thread about seeing the deer daily. I like that one. So I'll be sure to check into the Birds Nest  I am so glad you are still here on the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   I wasn't posting when the Bird's Nest thread was started back in the day.  I think it may have been more bird or nature oriented back then.  Over the years I sort of became the monthly thread starter (not complaining) and for the most part we talk about a little of everything.  

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  @Bird mama  Speaking for myself there are many things I like much better about the new boards, but I'm not completely sold on them yet and, in fact, just today Proboards started with a pitch to pay for ad free and with requests to disable ad blockers. I'd hoped the new boards would be my primary and these would be secondary but if that sort of nonsense keeps up, it'll be just the opposite for however long these boards continue. I do like the greater ability to speak one's mind and the less restrictive moderation over there as well as the several boards they offer that are not offered here, but I'm not interested in a bunch of ads. Even though we often see them here, they're for the entity providing the forums. Personally, I'm keeping my options open.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb Good to see you Woman Very Happy Well this is interesting, paying for ads?? You know that ol saying, there is no free lunch. I suppose it takes $$ to keep the wheels turning. There was just too much for me to relearn again and I am not enthusiastic like I was a few years back. I am comfortable here and if these boards last a little while or a long while this will be my landing pad. It's good to see you and I am glad you come by every once in awhile Heart

I received a letter today from the Q. I thought what's this? Here it was a letter saying they raised my credit limit. lol. I need that like a hole in the head, but it is what it is. At least I know I have good credit. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Leeny  @Bird mama  Speaking for myself there are many things I like much better about the new boards, but I'm not completely sold on them yet and, in fact, just today Proboards started with a pitch to pay for ad free and with requests to disable ad blockers. I'd hoped the new boards would be my primary and these would be secondary but if that sort of nonsense keeps up, it'll be just the opposite for however long these boards continue. I do like the greater ability to speak one's mind and the less restrictive moderation over there as well as the several boards they offer that are not offered here, but I'm not interested in a bunch of ads. Even though we often see them here, they're for the entity providing the forums. Personally, I'm keeping my options open.

@stevieb, It has always been that way with proboards. Often the administrator will pay to keep the ads away. I always did. It is a small amount and I did not care for the ads Sometimes on larger forums the posters will help with that.