Respected Contributor

Re: Bag-ettes... The Beat Goes On...

@stevieb 

Did you get out today and find a fridge? Where we live now there was a new one here already. I hate it. I want one where the freezer is on the bottom. That will be my next one for sure. I am too old to be bending down into next week to find things. 

I baked my youngest son's ham today and he picked it up. He wanted one of his own to eat off during the week. We kept a couple of pieces and put aside a few slices to take to our DD's tomorrow. I think the ham she purchased is a little small for us all to eat from...lol. I made a blueberry desert even though she told me not to bring anything. I can't just go and show up empty handed, that's just not me.

As far as Laura Geller, I did purchase the TSV. The only think I didn't care for in the kit was the lipstick. I suppose I can wear it over a darker color to tone the darker one down. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny  Unless that has changed too, yes, you can return Maxx on line purchases at the store. No inhaler on earth was going to give me any respite today. Part of the problem too was that I'm just very weary. I haven't been getting much sleep and I feel it. I also grew quite anxious when I drove up and saw those huge throngs of people. Even the security guard who was arranging wheelchairs and such for those who needed them said something about how little sense it made. I might send something to the health department/Inova that staged this fiasco. You go to get the shots to avoid the virus and meanwhile they have massive lines of people all waiting, mostly outside and it was chilly today too. Meanwhile, they never even made me aware of an alternative location. From start to finish, management of this pandemic and of this vaccine distribution has been an utter joke and anybody who wants to believe 'Uncle Joe' has made such a vast difference is seeing what they want to see. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@handygal2 

I don't know if I should mention this, but I did get a higher reward about 2 years ago. I went for it and it has worked out for me so far. Although I've started cutting back on my purchases since there isn't a lot I need right now. The only thing I really like about the Q card is no interest. My next payment though, will be my last. I'll have it paid off. I don't use my major cards anymore for purchases here. The extended "easy pays" are not  anything I need or want. I do use them some at Christmas time since there is the no interest. Woman Happy

@Leeny  I've always read on these forums the Q Card has exorbitant interest. I've never looked into it myself, but isn't it another of the cards issues by Synchrony?

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  No, as noted earlier, I pretty much knew the trip to the vaccine clinic was going to be it for me today, so no new fridge search. After I left, I stopped and got a sandwich and that was it. The experience wiped me out. I've been mostly inactive for so long my stamina is now limited. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  The Dove ice cream bar would be very welcome. The Champagne woud put me under. Unfortunately, my only reward was a quick sandwich and fries before coming home and laying down with my book for a while... I'd hoped to stop at the store and pick up a few things, as the pantry is quite limited right now, but just couldn't do it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leeny wrote:

@hicindy2 

The surgery is not bad at all. Yes, they will bandage you up and wrap an ace bandage around the thumb and wrist area. No, I didn't have to wear a sling. I had to have both of mine done, not at the same time... Although I did have carpal tunnel surgery done on both hands at the same time... not a good idea, but I did it. DH had to help me a lot..lol

I am right handed too. One thing that is good, it heals pretty quickly. Woman Happy

@Leeny  Thanks !! Told Mr. HC we are soon having classes on how to load up the dishwasher, bed making, and the mysteries of the washer/dryer. He does the grocery shopping already because he likes to. 

@stevieb  My friend and neighbor has an inhaler and gets highly anxious, and feels like her mask is smothering her, but she was booked into a small Kaiser venue before it got big and crazy. We were on standby in the parking lot for her in our own car in case she had a meltdown. But she was OK just sat there longer then drove home and flopped on the couch for 2 days. California is moving to younger groups April 15'th, so it will be a melee. Thankful we are done for now. Things will get buzzy. 

Gov. Gavin Newsom has said that vaccine eligibility will open up to everyone ages 16 or older in the state on April 15.

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  Sorry to hear the thumb is not improving. Sheesh, why does it always have to be something... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@hicindy2  Sorry to hear the thumb is not improving. Sheesh, why does it always have to be something... 

@stevieb  I get regular e-mails from WebMD and they just sent me one on "As We Age".  I would have crawled under the bed and hid from reality, but I only have one good knee to get down there with. 

Honored Contributor

@hicindy2  All I can say is girl, when it goes, it goes and it goes fast... It's not so long ago I was still as spry as a twenty something. Now, sometimes I feel like a candidate for assisted living...

Esteemed Contributor

Unknown.jpeg

images.jpeg