Respected Contributor

@gardenman

You have been through a lot!!  So very sorry.  I hope your appointment yielded good news. 

Respected Contributor

@gardenman

We don't post together, but I always make a point of reading your posts in Garden and Electronics.  I am so sorry to read about the delayed healing of your femur fracture.  Just a thought, do you think hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be of benefit?

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@gardenman

We don't post together, but I always make a point of reading your posts in Garden and Electronics.  I am so sorry to read about the delayed healing of your femur fracture.  Just a thought, do you think hyperbaric oxygen therapy might be of benefit?

I don't think hyperbaric oxygen would hurt anything, but it's not a typical way of getting bones to heal. I'll find out how things are going on Wednesday, and we'll go from there. Hopefully the bones will have at least started to knit together.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

Absolutely liquid Miracle Grow, fertilize every few weeks, you'll have blooms that will blow your mind!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman

You may have read of electro-stimulation for aiding in bone healing.  I am not sure of the current status of this method, but I know you are someone who never fails to do research so thought I'd mention this just in case it escaped your attention.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

I'm happy to report the leg has finally started to heal. It's 5-10% healed now and I've been cleared to start putting weight on it. I'm supposed to be getting an ultrasound unit that may, or may not, speed the healing. The good news is I'm now making progress. The plan is to wean me off the crutches over the next month.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

So glad to hear this, @gardenman

We all want you in good shape to write more books, right?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

So glad to hear this, @gardenman

We all want you in good shape to write more books, right?

The sequel to "Sara X" is pretty much done. I was planning to enter it in Amazon's Kindle Scout program, but Amazon just shut Scout down. I suspect Amazon will have a replacement for Scout of some sort. Scout replaced the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, so something will likely be replacing Scout. I'm holding the sequel up for a bit to see what Amazon has planned. In the meantime I've moved on to a new novel tentatively titled "The Ten Thousand." I never stop writing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

My plants LOVE this!

Image result for bat guano plant food

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman, just now reading about this fracture and how serious it is.  I am sending you the best wishes I can conjure for good healing.  It is such a bummer to be laid up so long.  My foot (which I broke twice) was giving me trouble so I started swimming in our lake instead of walking last summer.  I continued swimming all winter and am counting the days til I can get in the lake again this year.  With snow in the air on April 20th, that seems like a long time away.

Take care and heal well.  LM