Valued Contributor

Update on keeping the cats out of the vegetable garden.

Well I told you I had tried the popcicle stick idea in the ground and that didn't work.So this morning I went out and picked dried Himalayan Black Berry vines and they are nasty, covered with thorns. I hope this will deter them from digging up my newly planted Bluelake Green Bean crop. It won't hurt the kitties, but I hope it might keep them away. Wish me luck.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on keeping the cats out of the vegetable garden.

Good luck. I haven't tried any of the stick things in the ground ideas because I don't want to have to navigate around them to tend the garden.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Hi Jaxs mom

I know it is a pain, but if I don't do something, there won't be any garden to tend! lol

Valued Contributor

Well I think I finally solved my problem with the cats digging in my garden. I sprinkled Cayenne Pepper all around the bean hills and no problems since then. I used to do this when our dog would dig in the flower beds and it stopped her. I know some of you might have suggested this, so thanks for the reminder!!! Yeah I might get to can beans after all.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Cookie06 said:

Well I think I finally solved my problem with the cats digging in my garden. I sprinkled Cayenne Pepper all around the bean hills and no problems since then. I used to do this when our dog would dig in the flower beds and it stopped her. I know some of you might have suggested this, so thanks for the reminder!!! Yeah I might get to can beans after all.

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Just wondering, where did you get the cayenne pepper? I've looked before and the only places I've found are online and restaurant supply stores.

Honored Contributor

On 7/7/2014 ValuSkr said:
On 7/5/2014 Cookie06 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Just wondering, where did you get the cayenne pepper? I've looked before and the only places I've found are online and restaurant supply stores.

It's sold also as ground red pepper in spice section of grocery stores. McCormick has it.

Red Pepper, Ground

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼