Esteemed Contributor

I have four large potted tomateo plants, all smaller varieties.

This morning, I noticed the leaves on all of them had a brownish/pink spotting.  

Any ideas what it might be or how to control it.

The only thing I could come up with is Septoria leaf spot which is a fungus.  While it does not look exactly like that, I am hoping someone will know how to treat a leaf fungus.

It's not bad enough something (like a deer or ground hog) is nibbling the outer leaves, now I've got fungus!  This is why I gave up on gardening.

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  I'm not certain about your leaves; however, I have read that tomatoe plants should be watered into the dirt and don't like their leaves wet. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep 

Yes, I have heard the same.  However, it has been so rainy, I have not watered them at all.

I suspect it is some kind of leaf fungus and picked up a Safer brand fungus/mite/insect control product hoping to stem the tide of leaves turning.

It's a never ending battle in this area!

Respected Contributor

Re: Tomato Experts

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I have four large potted tomateo plants, all smaller varieties.

This morning, I noticed the leaves on all of them had a brownish/pink spotting.  

Any ideas what it might be or how to control it.

The only thing I could come up with is Septoria leaf spot which is a fungus.  While it does not look exactly like that, I am hoping someone will know how to treat a leaf fungus.

It's not bad enough something (like a deer or ground hog) is nibbling the outer leaves, now I've got fungus!  This is why I gave up on gardening.

Thanks.

@Witchy Woman   Can you post a picture of the infected leaves?  My son grows several types of tomatoes and will most likely be able to tell you what the problem is. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tomato Experts

[ Edited ]

@ciao_bella 

How kind of you.  I will try doing so.  It is raining right now, so I'll have to wait.

In the meantime, I went out this afternoon and bought Bonide Fung-onil, which is supposed to prevent many types of plant fungus.

Seems there is always something waiting to attack plants!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman   Rained and t-stormed a lot here too.  If you can get a picture up, I'll show it to him. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ciao_bella 

I didn't forget you!  Just have not had time to take and post the pictures.

However, good news...the Bonide Fungonil prodcut seems to have helped a great deal.  Some leaves remain discolored, but the fungus appears diminished on most leaves.

Hoping this solves the problem. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@ciao_bella 

I didn't forget you!  Just have not had time to take and post the pictures.

However, good news...the Bonide Fungonil prodcut seems to have helped a great deal.  Some leaves remain discolored, but the fungus appears diminished on most leaves.

Hoping this solves the problem. Cat Happy

@Witchy Woman  That's great!  As long as it works, that's all that matters.