Respected Contributor

I am so happy to look out the front door and see color instead of snow and drab winter.

So far I have Glory of the Snow, Puschikiia, Daffodils, Hyachinth, pink, yellow, coral and purple Tulips all blooming and another early blooming purple flower i forget the name of.   And lots of  green shoots of other flowers coming up.  So happy the flowers are back again!  

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, my daffodils have been really pretty and the redbud and dogwood are in flower. The serviceberry is having the best year it's had since I planted it.

I've seen bees buzzing about and that makes me happy.  The birds are busy and oh yes - the lawn needs to be mowed.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

No flowers here yet, but I did see some green on my forsythia , so it won't be long. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@KathyM23  That sounds lovely. I have some hydrangeas coming out nicely with lots of buds. Haven't planted my window boxes yet due to this unstable weather. Some roses are blooming, redbud trees are beautiful. There are glorious bluebonnets and paintbrush in the front pasture and we've been taking lots of pics. 

Honored Contributor

Easter Greetings To All

Respected Contributor

My ground is very hard, so I never planted any bulbs, but I do have forsythia blooming and my bleeding hearts have popped up. Seems early for that, but we had a strange winter here in east central Pa. 

Honored Contributor

I am happy to report that my fragrant lily bulbs are starting to sprout---was thinking that they were goners this year as last year they did not do well---out spring so far has been cold and wet altho mine are in big pots on my balcony---and my pot of parsley is growng crazy!!! Weird!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring Flowers

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23  You are ahead of me.  We have snow in summer and crocus so far.  I can see daffy and tulips coming but no flowers yet.  It still goes below freezing here at night.  I am in Nova Scotia.  I have moved three shrubs so far.

I am in yard cleanup now.  I power washed the stone patio, walkway and stairs yesterday and will apply polymeric sand today.  Garden clean up is almost done.  Lovely to be outside working again.  LM

Trusted Contributor

Re: Spring Flowers

[ Edited ]

Everything is sprouting all over the place here (Long Island).  The Hyacinths and Daffodils have been out for a few weeks now.  My Ajuga is starting to show their beautiful purple flowers and the Tulips are starting to form.  My Vivid Bright Lights Dianthus are getting buds.  They will pop with color any day now.

All of my perennials are either leafing out or sprouting up from the ground.  The Hosta will need another month or so, but once they're out, I'll have them until November.

The next things to bloom in my garden will be some of my Nepeta. I have PW Cat's Pajamas and Cat's Meow.  They are early blooming Nepeta with such beautiful color.  They will bloom off and on all summer.

I took a chance last year and purchased two small containers of perennial pansies/viola from the nursery.  They were incredible in my full sun location last summer (I had a few flowers left throughout our mild winter too).  I loved them so much that I went out yesterday and bought 6 more containers to plant with the others around my lamp post.  I think they will fill the space nicely!

I also purchased some more Ajuga for the area under my Crape Myrtle.  I couldn't find the one I currently have at the nursery yesterday, so I bought a different one (Blueberry Muffin).  I'm hoping they will compliment each other nicely.  I also bought two Creeping Jenny to pop into that space as well.  I have never used Creeping Jenny before, but the color will really pop with all of my purple Ajuga and Ice Plants.

I just love this time of year!

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 Your gardens are lovely.  I really like the pictures you post.  I forgot about the crocus.  Mine have already come and gone.  I do have some Dutchmen's britches blooming too.  They reseeded themselves evidently as they are on the other side of my water feature stream from where they were actually planted and came up others years.