Contributor

Spring 2014 Migration of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds - Map

They're coming... For the last 2 years they have shown up at my home on 4/1. The feeders are cleaned and ready--I cant wait to see them again! I'm in Fort Worth, TX

www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

Respected Contributor

Re: Spring 2014 Migration of Ruby-throated Hummingbirds - Map

Thanks for the info. I am in coastal VA and it has been cold here this Winter. I wonder If that will affect the hummers?

Contributor

On 3/15/2014 FastDogWalker2 said:

Thanks for the info. I am in coastal VA and it has been cold here this Winter. I wonder If that will affect the hummers?

We've had an exceptionally cold and long winter too. So far for our area, they seem to be about a week or two behind previous years annual first sightings. You can track previous years sightings by using the links at the very bottom of the map page. It should give you an idea if they are delayed arriving in your area as well too.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for this information. I got my feeders cleaned and out this morning. So far I haven't seen any hummers, but I am ready. Also shared on FB.
Valued Contributor

My sister lives in North Carolina, (Raleigh - Durham) area, had lots of cold, but they saw a hummer in the area they place their feeders last week. They have set out the feeders, this is really early. FYI
Esteemed Contributor

I am way way north in Atlantic Canada. I record their arrival every year ... Usually mid May here. Just took a walk around my gardens today. Tulips and daffodils are starting to sprout in places where the snow is gone. Can't wait for the rain to wash the snow away. Not out of question for us to have snow again though even into April. LM

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this!

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

My hummers live here in western wa state year round. I have 3 of them, 2 males and a female. So I am busy keeping them happy all year. Love the little buggers to death!!!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I'm in central PA and can't wait til they get here.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Frequent Contributor

They have been at my feeders for a week. I am in Mississippi