Respected Contributor

I have (had) 3 glass bird outdoor solar garden stakes in my small garden.  They are approx. 2 years old.  My blue bird's stake rotted and broke.  I have saved the glass bird part, but will chuck the stake part.  So that's a goner.  My red bird has stopped lighting up at night.  Sometimes it will light up in the middle of the night for a short while and then go off.  I have a feeling that's a goner too.  My yellow bird still works.  All are approx. the same age.

Bought a brand new white glass globe solar stake and put it out yesterday (10/31).  It was a cloudy day so it did not light up at night.  But today was bright and sunny all day, and it has not lit up.  I understand they need time to charge but it seems like its had enough time and now I'm wondering wth - its brand new, its in a VERY sunny spot, I switched the switch to the ON position.  Does anyone else have any luck with these things?  They're so pretty when they work and glow at nighttime.

I bought this latest globe light at Lowes and it is their brand - Allen & Roth.  Do these type of lights just have a short life span?  Anyone have a light not work from the get go?  Disappointing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I bought 4 of those, some from Lowe's and some from HD.  It's hit or miss with them.  One never did work, one still works, and the other two are sporadic.  They're cute but I won't be buying any more.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes thete is a tab to pull out which activates the battery.  Were there ditections?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have bought so many of these solar lights and have had some good luck and some bad luck. I know it takes mine at least 8 hours of good sun to charge it up. But even the ones that have worked for me, don't last that long. I keep buying them and don't seem to learn my lesson! I love them when they are working though!! 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sometimes thete is a tab to pull out which activates the battery.  Were there ditections?

Yes, there were some directions.  Didn't say anything about a tab.  Just said to move the switch to the ON position.  I even double checked last night and it the switch was ON.  I guess I'll give it thru the weekend and if it doesn't work, I'll return it.  Boo hoo.

I don't think I will ever learn my lesson either, because when they do work, they're great!!

Esteemed Contributor

Are there batteries or do you have to supply?  LM

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Are there batteries or do you have to supply?  LM

Directions say rechargeable battery included.  Just turn switch to ON.  I'll be returning it.  Doesn't work and it gets full Southern sun xposure.  I'll try another one, but if that one doesn't work - forgettaboutit!!!

Valued Contributor

PUT IN NEW RECHARGABLE BATTERIES.THESE BATTERIES NEED CHANGING

EVERY SO OFTEN.BOUGHT SOME FROM AMAZON AND NO PROBLEM