Esteemed Contributor

Snapdragons ~ Tough Little Buggers

I walked along my driveway today and there was a pink snapdragon standing proud and showing off like it had good sense. It has been really, really cold here and it just didn't give up. I've noticed that they are one flower that will sow themselves every year. They will even grow in gravel. Hardy little guys. Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: Snapdragons ~ Tough Little Buggers

Love the moral of this story....I'm planting some snapdragons this weekend (I saw at Sam's Club) just for the inspiration of that hardy little guy showing off and never giving up!  Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

How inspirational. I love snapdragons. Not only are they pretty, they are very hardy.

Valued Contributor

I harvest my seeds every year and plant them all over the place.  They are my favorite for the ease of growing and their colorful beauty.

Honored Contributor

I have three flower pots along the back side of my house that are full of snapdragons,  last summer they resowed themselves from the year before. They are alive and well, but no blooms right now,

I also have a neighbor who has them growing by her mailbox and she has a few blooms on hers..... amazing because we are in Pennsylvania.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie@BaileyBop@sandraskates@phoenixbrd  I guess we could just say that they are the gift that keeps giving.  BTW, I haven't planted snaps in that particular spot in at least three or four years and they keep popping up.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I always have snapdragons in our pots in Pa every summer. Theyv are so pretty , and the rabbits don't eat them.

Trusted Contributor

Have you seen any? SnapDragonWithSnow.jpg