Honored Contributor

SCENTED GERANIUMS BLOOMING NOW

DSCF6498.JPGDSCF6499.JPGDSCF6501.JPGDSCF6503.JPGDSCF6505.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Re: SCENTED GERANIUMS BLOOMING NOW

Oh how pretty! I love geraniums; they're easy to grow and have so many different colors. Congratulations on your beautiful flowers and enjoy them all summer.

Aren't they annuals? Do you try to overwinter them or do you just pull them up when they're done for the season and start again the next year?

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

They are really beautiful.

What  scent do they have?  Many varieties can be used to make scented sugar or tea.   They are useful as well as beautiful.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

They are really beautiful.

What  scent do they have?  Many varieties can be used to make scented sugar or tea.   They are useful as well as beautiful.

Thanks for posting.

@Carmie  The tags are long gone, but to me, most of them smell almost the same, some better than others.  Some have the same flowers as others but with different names, so I recently bought quite a few being careful not to duplicate what I have, and several with variegated leaves, my favorite.

Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

Oh how pretty! I love geraniums; they're easy to grow and have so many different colors. Congratulations on your beautiful flowers and enjoy them all summer.

Aren't they annuals? Do you try to overwinter them or do you just pull them up when they're done for the season and start again the next year?

@FuzzyFace  I am in N. Ca, so most everything survives the Winters just fine.  I also have regular geraniums and hardy geraniums, and more Pelargoniums on the way from an order I just placed.

The scented in the pictures have been blooming already for months, the other varieties are beginning to bloom now.  The Irises began a few months ago, soon the Daylilies will begin and they go on through Fall, and in between are the perennials and roses, so all the time surprises.  It is fun to go into the garden every day and see what new blooms are present.  Can't wait until all of the Gardenias begin blooming, love the scent.

I have many varieties of Salvias, so some are blooming every month of the year, as a few are Fall/Winter bloomers.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

So much fun!  I love the ones with the almost-pansy faces.

Wish I lived next door so I could get a cutting or two.  Sigh . . .

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Can you share what kind of camera you're using?

I just got a new one but I'm not happy with it.  (Nikon's L340)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  It a Fugifilm FinePix S4080 with a 30x zoom.  I bought it here or at HSN many years ago.  It does so much more than just take pictures, but I am a technical dummy, so don't use any of the features.