Respected Contributor

Does anyone use Rootblast and is it really as good as they say?  Do you use this in conjunction with manure in the soil and feeding during the spring and summer?   It seems that all you have to do is use this once and that is it.  I know roses are heavy feeders so I was wondering what I should do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rootblast - Question

[ Edited ]

I've been using it for years.  I have flowering bushes and potted annuals.  Around Memorial day, I sprinkle some on and that's it.  I use nothing else.

Esteemed Contributor

I use it whenever I can get it.  It sells out fast.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for mentioning this....I'm going to check it out for my rose garden. Use in the spring?

Respected Contributor

I've really only used it for my annual container plants that I do in late spring. I LOVE IT! Oh wait, we also do put it in a small annual bed. The first time I used it was about four years ago and I definitely saw a big improvement in my plants. It was noticeable and now I will not be without it. I can't comment on using it on roses or any other in ground established plants, though. I order the BIG tub when QVC has free shipping. I was told by the company it will last virtually forever in the container as long as it does not get wet.   

Esteemed Contributor

YES! It's great for any type of plant or shrub. Annual or periennal. I've been using Root Blast for many years. That's all I use. Although my lawn service may sometimes get some of their fertilizer on my shrubs, they never get anything on my potted plants. Everything is always growing like crazy and in full bloom until a heavy frost/freeze. 

Best of all, it is easy to use! No mess. No mixing with water. Nothing heavy to carry around and pour over plants. It's the best. I keep it in my garage 365 for several years until I run out and need to re-order. Doesn't deteriorate. Worth the money! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Wow - this sounds amazing.  Does it also work on tomatoes (I only use organic soil, etc.), from what they said in the presentation, it seems to be a natural product (not like Miracle Grow which I do not use on my vegetables).

Respected Contributor

I’ve used it for years in the flowering plants I pot each Spring. A little scoop goes a long way. If I have a plant that’s survived the Winter, I clear out the old leaves and other junk, then sprinkle a scoop of Rootblast around it. The last time I bought it, I got the 10 pound bucket - it doesn’t have an expiration date. I should add that I use MiracleGro potting soil as the base before adding the Rootblast. They’re a Dynamic Duo! If it’s been a really hot Summer that requires frequent watering (sometimes I have to water my plants twice a day in extreme heat), I’ll hit them with another scoop of Rootblast later on. I’ve bought it on both QVC and Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this for the first time last year and it is great! I had some potted ivy that had really gotten leggy and I had repotted it and added rootblast to the pots. It looks better than ever, very thick and lush. I plan to use it on all my potted plants in the spring.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady yes the no mixing is one of the best things about it.